How many times did you see Jurassic Park 3D in theatre?

MSM

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many times did you see JP 3D in theatre?

• >5

How many times did you see JP 3D in theatre?

I saw it 4 times, so far. I will never get tired of it.

Once, which was all I needed to, I've seen the movie more time at the theatre than I can remember.

you should, it's a great conversion of 3D.

0 times. It is still running in a few theaters but I do not feel compelled to run in and see it.

But it's a great John Williams-scored movie, on the big screen! Surely you can afford the ticket price and have 2 1/2 hours of free time to set aside for something so special?

I'm not opposed to the idea of seeing a film at the theatre mulitple times, it's just harder these days to justify the cost with ticket prices more expense than a half and half with a prostitute.

I saw the Towering Inferno 3 times at the theatre, saw Jaws 4 or 5 times. Saw Star Wars 8 times ( I was finally old enough to drive), Close Encounters 4 times, Jaws 2 about 6 times, Superman 12 times, ESB at least 12 times, Raiders about 8, E.T. 8, Return of the Jedi 3 or 4, TOD at least 4 times. But then ticket prices were cheap

Exactly, and this is 3D. That means MSM paid $60 on something he's seen countless times before. I'm all for a theatrical experience but I wouldn't drop that kind of money for something I could watch as many times as I wanted at home on a good set up. Speaking of such, why would you want to see the same movie that many times in a short amount of time anyway?

Because it makes you happy!

that is a great answer. simple and true.

But it's a great John Williams-scored movie, on the big screen! Surely you can afford the ticket price and have 2 1/2 hours of free time to set aside for something so special?

At the moment I am a bit pressed for time but perhaps next week. Plus I am a cheapskate when it comes to movie tickets. 15€ for a weekend ticket for a 3D movie is just outrageously expensive.

I'm not opposed to the idea of seeing a film at the theatre mulitple times, it's just harder these days to justify the cost with ticket prices more expense than a half and half with a prostitute.

Are prostitutes really that cheap over here?

Hmmmm.....

I know, but it's Jurassic Park!

So?

I've already saw it probably 10 times in the theatre during its original release.The 3D isn't something that interests me. Plus the weekend the 3D version released I watched the original DVD in the comfort of my home.

5 times for me. :D I'm sure no one is surprised. Twice at my local IMAX, once at the IMAX at Universal Studios Hollywood (which I then went on JP The Ride right after seeing it), once in a regular 3D theater, and then one final time at a discount theater in 3D. The last one was significant, because it was at one of the exact same theaters I saw it originally when it came out in 1993. So now I'm full circle. ;)

I know, but it's Jurassic Park!

So?

I've already saw it probably 10 times in the theatre during its original release.The 3D isn't something that interests me. Plus the weekend the 3D version released I watched the original DVD in the comfort of my home.

Finally someone with sense!

Now if it were Jaws or Star Wars, not the New Hope crap, it be a different story.

Well not 3D.

But I wasn't trying to be mean spirited in response, just that it's no big deal to not have seen the 3D release.

Mark, Star Wars is gone,

it's....................

gone.

I was lazy and never ended up seeing it. I've become a bit disenchanted by it over the years. There are certain scenes that are still great, but the overall product doesn't seem as sturdy as it once appeared.

Just the once (a press screening), but then again I've seen it more than 30 times before, including several times in the theatre in 1993.

By the way, here's my article on the 3D release (in Norwegian...use Google Translate if you're interested):

http://montages.no/2013/06/jurassic-park-i-3d-gimmick-eller-ny-opplevelse/

Tintin was very good. I know Mark didn't care for it, I don't think he hated it. I loved the score. It was Johnny Williams revisited.