Just signed up because this forum looks awesome, and sometimes it's difficult to find folks who are into movie scores (and even John Williams) as I am.

Also, as someone who is altering his career path entirely to pursue music composition, I hope to gain some valuable insight through a more through study of his work. I'm hoping there are some decent scores out there for me to peruse. :D

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just about to start my second bachelors, though pretty much all of my core courses are transferring. I've written a solo piano piece and I'm working on one for full orchestra, as well as a string quartet. Trying to do some arranging, too, when time (and law) permits.

Well, I figure on taking a year here in Denver to get my chops back into shape, then apply to Curtis and see if I can finish out my Bachelor's there. Either way, USC/UCLA graduate programs for film scoring are my ultimate goal.

@WilliamsStarShip: because a lot of the stuff I like to arrange requires hefty royalties, so I end up arranging them without having the ability to get them performed, which is kind of a drag. No matter...it's all about the practice, anyway.

• 3 weeks later...