New book about John Williams! (in Spanish)

Andrés Valvader

Who is the author?

edit: Oh, i guess you are..

I guess it's something that is addressed to the general public, right?

(Still can't understand why there is NO publication on Williams in English)

ok, thanks.

Any more info on the contents of this book?

Does it contain any musicological analyses or is it more of a biography?

And when is it expected to be published?

I'll edit it also in English

Contains the two things

It depends on the publisher. I hope next month

Shortly be posting more info

It contains a chronological review of his entire life. Musical analysis of all his works (cinema and concert hall).

That's great, Andres. Good for you!

However, as pointed out earlier, I'm still flabbergasted that there is no book about him in English. I'm still working on mine, though, so there is always hope.

I'll try that mine is the first English

Be sure that the English is good, though. Get a proper translator to do it if you can. Good luck!

That's great, Andres. Good for you!

However, as pointed out earlier, I'm still flabbergasted that there is no book about him in English. I'm still working on mine, though, so there is always hope.

I mentioned this point at the saturday dinner. it's really weird!

I'll edit it also in English

Contains the two things

It depends on the publisher. I hope next month

Shortly be posting more info

It contains a chronological review of his entire life. Musical analysis of all his works (cinema and concert hall).

Hi Andres--thanks so much for posting! I will definitely buy an English translation as soon as its made available.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, congratulations!

Will it be sold only from this site, or from amazon too?

Also, how many pages is it?

And it would be great also if you could put a couple of preview pages..

That's great, Andres.

I'm particularly interested in the bit about the early years and if you have anything there that I don't already know. Guess we'll have to wait for an English edition to find out.

English version: forthcoming!!

Excellent! :)

Btw how many pages does this opus have?

It's good news to have another book dedicated to Williams and his opus. So, good luck to Andrés for his venture!

Only a few of questions:

1) How many years of study and research did you spend to write the book?

2) Did you get to interview Williams' collaborators (directors, producers, orchestrators, musicians, sound engineers etc.) to get a more specific insight into his creative process?

3) Which books did you use as reference while writing your own?

4) How did you deal with the early years section? As many of us older fans already know and discussed here several times, it's one of the hardest part to research and to get exactly right.

5) The book looks like is self-published (correct me if I'm wrong). Are you trying however to shop it around book publishers in your country and/or even with foreign publishers?

Thank you and good luck! :)

It's good news to have another book dedicated to Williams and his opus. So, good luck to Andrés for his venture!

Only a few of questions:

1) How many years of study and research did you spend to write the book?

2) Did you get to interview Williams' collaborators (directors, producers, orchestrators, musicians, sound engineers etc.) to get a more specific insight into his creative process?

3) Which books did you use as reference while writing your own?

4) How did you deal with the early years section? As many of us older fans already know and discussed here several times, it's one of the hardest part to research and to get exactly right.

5) The book looks like is self-published (correct me if I'm wrong). Are you trying however to shop it around book publishers in your country and/or even with foreign publishers?

Thank you and good luck! :)

1) Williams work almost 20 years. The book 3 years.

2) Ronald Feldman, Boston Public Library, Boston Symphony Tanglewood volunteers, Royal Symphony Orchestra of Seville, Jennifer Visconti (King's Chappel Boston), Ruth Nemzoff (Brandeis University)...

3) Many. Also I used the Boston Public Library Archive.

4) Analyzing interviews. Archives...and other secrets :)

5) I must correct you. Is published with publishing house http://www.padillalibros.com/itm/

Greetings

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about the delay. Let's hope you can sort things out as quickly as possible! All the best to the project Andrés!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I have good news! :D . Finally the book will be released in November. For more information: JOHN WILLIAMS BOOK

The book will be part of this collection: FILM (The first book is about Steven Spielberg. Now it's the turn of John Williams :yes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's great, Andres. Do you know anything more about an English edition, or is that still "down the road" without any concrete dates?

Also, do you provide a few 'sample pages'? Even if I can't read Spanish, it would be interesting to see your layout and general setup of the book.

That's nice, Andres, but I think it would have sufficed to post this in your other recent thread instead of creating a new one just for the cover. But hey, no biggie.

You didn't answer my questions in that other thread, though -- do you offer any sample pages online? I can't read Spanish, but it would have been nice to see your layout and general approach. Also, do you have any more news regarding an English version?

OK I just merged all 6 (SIX!) separate threads about this book together into one thread. Andres, no need to create a new thread for each new update on your book, you can just use this one (You are welcome to change the subject to anything you like). Thanks!