Howard Shore's The Desolation Of Smaug (Hobbit Part 2)

gkgyver

Or Amazon has noted that there's been an increase in traffic to that product, and they're making it seem as though supplies are running low to lubricate potential buyers' wallets. Sounds devious, I know, but there's a lot to suggest that they do it.

I am fairly certain the discs haven't even started getting pressed yet, whoever fell for that is not very smart

Both versions of the OST are up on Amazon US now!

Standard (currently $15.41): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FFT182K/jwfancom-20

Special Edition (currently $21.36): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FFT1BJ0/jwfancom-20

I just pre-ordered both!

Both prices will go down by the time it actually comes out.

I just ordered the SE. I can get the regular edition everywhere.

I think I'll wait for a retailer closer to home to have it in stock before ordering. I don't want to wait 4-8 weeks for it during the holiday season postal rush.

Oh so there are twelve extended pieces and one additional track.

I wonder what the "interactive orchestral sketch signed by composer Howard Shore" is exactly?

Karol

Where exactly should one look out for the press release anyway?

I think Mr. Adams will post it on his blog as soon as it is released. Hopefully track lists will become available at the same time and Water Tower Music updates their site with the info on both releases.

What's up with the different release dates? German amazon has December 6th for both versions, while amazon US shows the 3rd for the regular, and the 10th for the special edition. How come the two are a week apart? Do they count on fans not being able to bear the waiting so they buy the regular and special edition?

What's up with the different release dates? German amazon has December 6th for both versions, while amazon US shows the 3rd for the regular, and the 10th for the special edition. How come the two are a week apart? Do they count on fans not being able to bear the waiting so they buy the regular and special edition?

Amazon probably haven't got a clue and are just guessing.

I assume Doug explains the intricate connection between the remix and The King Of The Wooden Hall?

Fingers crossed Tiesto will score the Battle of Five Armies.