Howard Shore's The Desolation Of Smaug (Hobbit Part 2)

gkgyver

Possible tracklist from TORn thread:

DISC 1

1. The quest for Erebor

2. Wilderland

3. A necromancer

4. The house of Beorn

5. Mirkwood

6. Flies and spiders

7. The woodland realm

8. Feast of starlight

9. Barrels out of bond

10. The forest river

11. Bard, a man of lake-town

12. The high fells

13. The nature of evil

14. Protector of the common folk

DISC 2

1. Thrice welcome

2. Girion, lord of dale

3. Durin's folk : Le peuple de Durin.

4. In the shadow of the mountain

5. A spell of concealment

6. On the doorstep

7. The courage of hobbits

8. Inside information

9. Kingsfoil

10. A liar and a thief

11. The hunters

12. Smaug

13. My armour is iron

14. I see fire

15. Beyond the forest

This was posted on a french hobbit blog I follow...

Possible tracklist:

Even more changes! PJ has made the Dwarves French!

Mais oui, mon ami!

Ed Sheeran?!? Christ I hope this is bollocks! You 'Song of the Lonely Mountain' haters will be begging for Neil Finn before the credits are through.

EDIT: Oh no it all adds up! How come we didn't notice this before?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/388131/Ed-Sheeran-receives-The-Hobbit-sword-from-Peter-Jackson

http://www.morefm.co.nz/Ed-Sheeran-Makes-Surprise-Trip-to-New-Zealand/tabid/92/articleID/9283/Default.aspx

Of course it is!

If it does turn out to be true, this OST has the worst track titles of all the Middle-Earth soundtracks.

It's possible that the track titles are all translated from the French, and thus the English titles will be a bit different.

ED Sheeran almost had Taylor Swift's blood on his hands after a sword gifted to him by Hobbit director Peter Jackson nearly stabbed the country superstar.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4870268/taylor-swift-almost-impaled-by-ed-sheerans-hobbit-sword.html

The worst one is the other story I posted, suggesting he was in New Zealand last month working on a secret project. Therefore it has to be him. Why have they gone after this whiny flange?

If these are the track titles, at least it sounds like Girion is getting a meaty flashback, and 'Durin's Folk' is intriguing. Could this be another flashback scene?

I see Sheeran's tweeting something about 'Midnight tonight' on twitter. Perhaps this is when the press release will appear, or - gulp - his song is given first play. Let's hope for the former.

The worst one is the other story I posted, suggesting he was in New Zealand last month working on a secret project. Therefore it has to be him. Why have they gone after this whiny flange?

Because he looks like a hobbit in and will bring in the teenage fangirls?

Perhaps we would do well to wait and see if there will be a confirmation to this alledged track list before going ballistic over the purported news. Not that that French site's comment section isn't reliable or anything.

At least I can see him doing a vocal and guitar piece. Most of the complaints of Finn's song were the yayayas, anvils and electronic sounds.

Finn has more talent than Sheeran could ever dream of, regardless of what people thought of 'Song of the Lonely Mountain'.

Warner is obviously pressing for the teenage girl fanbase for this one, push it a couple of hundred million dollars higher. If this turns out to be anything other than the weakest Middle-earth film to date I'll be stunned.

I have no problem with the song from AUJ, and if I may be blasphemous for a bit, I maybe prefer it a little to the song from ROTK which has never been my favorite. Both of those songs sound a bit too "new agey" for my tastes.

I have no more aversion to this new singer than I did to the idea of Enya singing a song at the end of the first film, and that turned out to work just fine. As such, I'll reserve any judgments until I get the CD.

Possible tracklist from TORn thread:

DISC 1

1. The quest for Erebor

2. Wilderland

3. A necromancer

4. The house of Beorn

5. Mirkwood

6. Flies and spiders

7. The woodland realm

8. Feast of starlight

9. Barrels out of bond

10. The forest river

11. Bard, a man of lake-town

12. The high fells

13. The nature of evil

14. Protector of the common folk

DISC 2

1. Thrice welcome

2. Girion, lord of dale

4. In the shadow of the mountain

5. A spell of concealment

6. On the doorstep

7. The courage of hobbits

8. Inside information

9. Kingsfoil

10. A liar and a thief

11. The hunters

12. Smaug

13. My armour is iron

14. I see fire

15. Beyond the forest

This was posted on a french hobbit blog I follow...

Please, always link to the thread in question when you post stuff like this.

'The Hunters' refers to what exactly? Azog's band? Doesn't really fit Dol Guldur. And if that's the case, then we won't be seeing much Dol Guldur near the end of the film (unless we're not getting the music for these scenes)

At least I can see him doing a vocal and guitar piece. Most of the complaints of Finn's song were the yayayas, anvils and electronic sounds.

Finn has more talent than Sheeran could ever dream of, regardless of what people thought of 'Song of the Lonely Mountain'.

I can understand people here disliking Ed Sheeran for being so mainstream but you really don't all need to be so harsh. I'm pretty sure he's a singer/songwriter and actually is talented, unlike lots of modern 'artists'. Also, the song could actually be good.

I'm usually far more positive about these films than most on here but having heard some of his music before I really can't see that happening - unless you're one of the millions of teenage girls who seem to like his music.

I've never heard anything by him, so I went on Youtube and picked the first song that had an intriguing name. If Shore is involved it could be just fine.

Edit: Apparently he didn't write this, it's an American folk tune or something. But still... he's not horrible.

I have no idea who this Ed Sheeran is. But the reactions he is getting are rather divided. Who is this whippersnapper and why are we so concerned about him instead of happy about Shore's music?

I have no idea who this Ed Sheeran is. But the reactions he is getting are rather divided. Who is this whippersnapper and why are we so concerned for him instead of happy about Shore's music?

I think people don't like his popularity and fan following. If it were Justin Bieber I may be more concerned.

I don't think that's the issue. We're not a bunch of hipsters here who despise anything if it attracts too much praise. It's just quite out of left-field if it's true.

I want something mesmerizing (like a suite from Shore with some vocal performances), not another another "R2-D2 puts a thing in a thing and fixes the shield deflector" song.

I hope Shore is involved in it at the very least, but I don't actually think so.

I guess my Elven choral piece hopes are dead at this point.

There was never much hope, only a fool's hope.