Matrix Reloaded 2CD Complete Score coming from La-la Land!

Jay

Dude, you gotta buy Independence Day, Star Trek The Motion Picture, Hook, The Fury, and Die Hard 3. And it sucks you missed out on Batman, Batman Returns, The Fugitive, Die Hard 1, and many others.

I cried tears of joy when BTTF was released, and when I found a pirated site with AOTC for download about 12 years ago. That's it.

Was that the OST or that old-ass bootleg that got nothing right?

Dude, you gotta buy Independence Day, Star Trek The Motion Picture, Hook, The Fury, and Die Hard 3. And it sucks you missed out on Batman, Batman Returns, The Fugitive, Die Hard 1, and many others.

You win some and you lose some (I missed on Star Trek V as well). But I'm determined to make The Matrix Reloaded, one of my all-time favourite scores, my first LLL purchase. After that, I'll go by ear.

Really? The LLL site says Out Of Stock. That'll teach me for going to one watering hole :P Seems like they intend to keep all the Star Trek sets going for quite some time.

The La-La Land version IS sold out - it sold out years ago.

Intrada re-issued it. Read the link I posted!

Yep. The Intrada reissue of the LLLR release altered spine and booklet designs to match the Trek II, III (FSM/SAE/Retrograde), IV and VI (Intrada) designs.

LLLR's Star Trek TMP is a must have, IMHO, one of the best score releases I've seen.

Their Star Trek TOS box set is unmissable too, IMHO.

To be honest, there are plenty of treasured releases in their catalogue that I listen to very often. Good purchases.

Karol

LLLR's Star Trek TMP is a must have, IMHO, one of the best score releases I've seen.

And TrekV is a must, too. Perhaps the best sounding Goldsmith score in my collection. Among the top 5 or so at least.

• 3 weeks later...

So, August, eh? Is there an exact date yet? I'd like to know when to put aside the money for it.

None yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's out August 6th (speculation on my part).

Damn。I want LLL release true complete The Matrix as well.

Speaking of, had the isolated score on the Bluray a better bitrate than the DVD counterpart?

How could The Mummy not hold up over 60 minutes? The complete score is great to listen to from beginning to end!

My favorite Goldsmith score! So much great unreleased material, like 1M5/2M1, 12M2 or 14M3 (Film Version).

Damn。I want LLL release true complete The Matrix as well.

Speaking of, had the isolated score on the Bluray a better bitrate than the DVD counterpart?

I think it's just the same 5.1 track.

So, August, eh? Is there an exact date yet? I'd like to know when to put aside the money for it.

None yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's out August 6th (speculation on my part).

I don't think they're releasing anything on that day. 13th seems more likely. Or 27th. ;)

Karol

La-La Land's August release dates are the 13th and 27th. We know we are getting Kick-Ass 2 on August 13th, but other than that nothing's been announced. MV posted on July 1 that a "Warner Trifecta" was approved. Matrix Reloaded was likely one of them, as he has since posted a picture of it's cover art (You can't post the art anywhere until it's been approved). Maybe one of the others in the trifecta was Wyatt Earp?

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I'd bump this thread up for anyone who doesn't read the LLL thread

It's coming out this Tuesday - August 27th - at Noon PST (3pm EST)

THE MATRIX RELOADED EXPANDED ARCHIVAL EDITION– 2 DISC SET

MUSIC BY DON DAVIS

LLLCD 1263

RETAIL RICE: $29.98

PRODUCED BY DON DAVIS, NEIL S. BULK AND DAN GOLDWASSER

MASTERED BY MIKE MATESSINO

LINER NOTES BY TIM GREIVING

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

Continuing the 90th Anniversary celebration with Warner Bros. Pictures, La-La Records and Warner Bros Records are honored to announce this newly expanded and completely remastered 2 cd set of Don Davis’ incredible score to the 2003 smash hit film THE MATRIX RELOADED. Co-produced and supervised by the composer, this high octane, expanded epic release features 150 minutes of the best sci fi action music of the past decade. Detailed liner notes by Tim Greiving take the listener inside the musical world of THE MATRIX with exclusive interviews with composer Don Davis and co-composer (on some tracks) Ben Watkins (aka JUNO REACTOR).

PLEASE NOTE: Two tracks as they appear in the final film, (DOUBLE TROUBLE and FREE FLIGHT), are not included on this release due to licensing restrictions. HOWEVER, we have included ALL of Don Davis’ music that recorded for the film, including the unused tracks for DOUBLE TROUBLE and FREE FLIGHT, as well as a few other tracks that ended up on the cutting room floor, replaced by the electronica tracks in the final film.

The first 100 or so customers who purchase the cd directly though the La-La Land website – www.lalalandrecords.com – will receive a signed Matrix Reloaded booklet by composer Don Davis absolutely free. Supplies are limited, and, as always, you are NOT guaranteed a signed booklet.

and

Out of all the soundtrack companies out there that do this sort of thing which one goes far and beyond licensing, or attempting to license, ALL the music that is included in the film?

Commando

Die Hard

The Shootist/Sons of Katie Elder

Black Rain

Used Cars

Terminator The Sarah Conner Chronicles

Star Trek The Motion Picture

Star Trek The Original Series

Speed

We have negotiated successfully with artists such as Leonard Nimoy, Run DMC, Shirley Manson, Johnny Cash Estate, Nichelle Nichols, Power Station, Billy Idol, Stephen Spielberg, John Williams, Kevin Costner, Sylvester Stallone, Robert Downey Jr...the list goes on and on.

To insinuate we didn't bother to attempt to license these two tracks is not only insulting to us but downright ignorant.

We do our home work. We make every possible attempt to make things work, but some times when people above our pay grade tell you "It all looks great, but you can't include this and that" you learn to begrudgingly accept it and move on.

We spend tens of thousands of dollars on these releases and it sucks when you can't have the ideal product at the end of the day, but you just deal with it.

It bites, but that's the breaks sometime.

C'est la vie!

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=98322&forumID=1&archive=0

Hear hear at the last one. Granted I'm a tad disappointed that the film versions of Double Trouble and Free Flight won't be included, but at least they tried getting them in, and let's not forget they didn't have to do this release at all.

I'll be ordering mine on release day and praying that the shipping is done within three weeks (as I'm in the Uk and will be going away in three weeks' time).

I'd love to see a tracklisting to whet my appetite for it.

Looking forward to this! It's great that they interviewed Juno Reactor as well as Don Davis. Should be very enlightening.

It's good of them to be up front about the two missing tracks. Are those available anywhere else?

No. I did a mockup cover of the Oakenfolded version of Double Trouble, but if I remember correctly the overlay for the film version of FreeFlight was a version of Komit. I do hope we'll get the orchestra-only section for that (it sounds like we will).

Yes, at least they were able to represent those cues with the original material, even if they couldn't include the film versions. I don't remember those cues from the films, but it doesn't sound like it will be a big loss.

Yes, at least they were able to represent those cues with the original material, even if they couldn't include the film versions. I don't remember those cues from the films, but it doesn't sound like it will be a big loss.

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnuquqR7QOQ

And here (starting at 1:02):

Karol

Wow, after seeing those clips I think I'd rather have just the Davis orchestral versions than the version with extra electronica added on top

I think the problem with licensing those comes from the fact they're pre-existing music on top of which Davis overlayed his own music.

As I said on FSM, unfortunate but it's only about 70 seconds of material (based on those clips). Hardly any loss. I'm not a big fan of electronica anyway.

Karol

In the case of those two tracks, the extra electronica wasn't meant for those cues. It was basically taken from licensed tracks and slapped on the orchestral tracks.

Personally I feel the revised film version of "Free Flight" is better, at least for the Davis piece (underneath the Juno Reactor piece) is faster pace. I'm wondering if at least the Davis segment for that will be present. I mean despite MV saying the film version won't be but hopefully just Davis's orchestra piece will.

Regarding the film version of "Double Trouble" I've ALWAYS preferred that piece to the original orchestra one. I always felt the original version (presented in the boot) for that segment (where the techno pieces kick in) was a bit too slow.

So it sounds like this is a case of sampling, where he wrote music with the intention of it being played over those beats?

It sounds cool in the film, but the beats used aren't so distinctive that I'd miss them much.

THE MATRIX RELOADED: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1263

Music by Don Davis

Limited Edition of 3500 Units

STARTS SHIPPING August 27th

RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

ORDER “THE MATRIX RELOADED: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)” starting August 27th at 12pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD booklet autographed by composer Don Davis at no additional charge. Autographs are available while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

matrixreloaded-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records, Warner Bros. and Warner Bros. music continue celebrating Warner Bros.’ 90th anniversary with this deluxe, 2-CD expanded archival collection release of Don Davis’ phenomenal original score to the 2003 motion picture THE MATRIX RELOADED, the second installment in THE MATRIX SAGA starring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne and Carrie-Anne Moss, and directed by the Wachowski Siblings. Experimental and atmospheric, yet orchestral and thematic, Don Davis’ score is a sci-fi action wonder onto itself. Clocking in at more than 150 minutes, this spectacular 2-CD set was produced by Don Davis, Neil S. Bulk and Dan Goldwasser, mastered by Mike Matessino and is limited to 3500 units. In depth, exclusive liner notes by Tim Greiving feature comments from Mr. Davis and co-composer (on some tracks) Ben Watkins (aka Juno Reactor).

NOTE: Two tracks (Double Trouble and Free Flight) do not appear on this release as heard in the final film due to licensing restrictions. However, ALL of Don Davis’ original music recorded for the film is presented on this release, including his original scored versions of those two cues, as well as additional tracks that were dropped, eventually replaced by electronica in the final film.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1

1. Main Title/Trinity vs. Car (3:24)

2. Enter the Neb* (1:11)

3. Smith at the Door* (4:17)

4. Furious Angels [perf. Rob Dougan] (5:33)

5. Smith vs. Smith*/Free Flight** (3:40)

6. The Wonder of Zion*/The Lascivious Lift*/Link and Zee* (4:37)

7. Morpheus on the Mount*/Zion Drum Source* (2:50)

8. Zion [perf. Fluke] (4:35)

9. Goodnight Zion*/The Bane Transformation* (2:42)

10. Bane Voyage* (2:58)

11. First, I Must Apologize* (1:12)

12. Teahouse [perf. Juno Reactor feat. Gocoo] (1:07)

13. The Industrial Highway* (1:16)

14. Oracle Oratory* (2:05)

15. The Purpose That Created Us* (2:59)

16. Burly Brawl* [Juno Reactor vs. Don Davis] (5:53)

17. Council of Cool*/Meeting the Merovingian* (3:48)

18. Choice Is an Illusion* (2:42)

19. Sample This* (3:54)

20. Meet the Keymaker*/Some Skill* (1:33)

21. Chateau [perf. Rob Dougan] (3:26)

22. Double Trouble** (2:22)

23. Mona Lisa Overdrive [perf. Juno Reactor vs. Don Davis] (10:16)

DISC TIME: 78:17

DISC 2

1. Truck vs. Truck*/The Plan*/Final Flight of the Vigilant* (11:36)

2. Kill the Keymaker*/Doddering Old Fool* (6:07)

3. The Problem Is Choice*/Window Switch*/Neo Miraculous*/No More Nebuchadnezzer*/Conclusion Confusion* (13:33)

BONUS TRACKS

4. Niaiserie* [perf. Kerry Walsh] (6:05)

5. Burly Brawl* (alternate) (5:58)

6. Chateau Swashbuckling* (alternate) (3:49)

7. The Plan* (with synth) (4:18)

8. Niaiserie* (instrumental) (6:01)

9. Matrix Reloaded Suite (17:41)

DISC TIME: 75:08

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 153:25

*previously unreleased

**contains material not used in film

OK, so what have we learned from this track list?

As far as I can tell, there are 2 1/2 tracks here that are not on the composer promo - Zion Drum Source, The Plan (With Synth), and Niaiserie (Instrumental).

And I can only find one track on the composer promo that is not here - Multiple Replication.

Many of the tracks on the LLL appear to be longer than their composer promo counterparts by 4-10 seconds, though this could just be due to additional silence at the beginning/ending... Mona Lisa Overdrive is 8 seconds longer than it was on the OST, though since there aren't 2 stars after it, I doubt it un-does the microedit that was made for the OST version.

Here is a spreadsheet I made to compare everything!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AjiRtgP4_o4TdHY0SzNKNEF6bkI1TzVFeGpEYWtXaXc&output=html

Thank you for this :)

The Burly Brawl (alternate) on the LLL set could be a combination between the Multiple Replication and the Burly Brawl (alternate) tracks?

So MV was right that everything that's on the boot is on this release. I do find it curious they'd put Rob Dougan's version of "Chateau" in the main score and not have it as a bonus. I don't mind that it's in the main score instead of Davis' original version but it still is interesting.

I see a few things that weren't with the boot, which were "The Plan (with synths)", "Zion Drum Source" and the instrumental version of "Niaiserie".