Matrix Reloaded 2CD Complete Score coming from La-la Land!

Jay

I ordered mine Tuesday evening and received it today.

I've read some people don't like the WB label on it but I think it looks nice.

Did you have any time to listen to it yet? Any comments would be nice.

Karol

I've compared some of the sample tracks to what's in the boot and it appears like they are indeed remastered. In fact, the method of remastering is not unlike one I used to use in Adobe Soundbooth for my own edits.

Did you have any time to listen to it yet? Any comments would be nice.

Karol

Probably not for a few days and it will be my first time hearing it.

Why?

I bought the first one, the Varese Club, blindly. I saw the first film when it first came to video and was never impressed by the actual film.

So why didn't you pick up the OST for the sequels?

My arrived Friday. I haven't listened to it yet but I just read the booklet. Some good observations made inside, but they don't explain what the Fluke or Kerry Walsh songs are all about.

Can't wait to listen!

Fluke was the track playing where all the Zion people are dancing at the temple and Neo and Trinity are having sex.

Kerry Walsh track is the source music playing in the Merovingian's restaurant.

Karol

I know where those songs play in the film, I just meant the liners didn't mention them at all, which I found odd.

Stefan is wrong, its a fantastic looking and (based on the samples) sounding release, containing the complete score and some nice alternates, some of which we had never heard before.

The fact that the booklet doesn't mention anything about those 2 songs is just a curiosity, not a mark against it.

How do you know?

If you're asking me, that is because I performed a test remaster on concurrent tracks in the promo and the result is practically identical.

So after half-arsing with Hook, it seems LLL has done a shoddy job with this one also?

Well I guess they had to work with what they were given.

it's a pity.,

There's probably some strange legal reason behind that. Or maybe not.

Karol

If you're asking me, that is because I performed a test remaster on concurrent tracks in the promo and the result is practically identical.

...you had access to the masters?

No, as I said I'm using the promo so obviously I don't have access to the actual masters. Remastering is simply the term I and that option group in Adobe Soundbooth use.

Weren't the existing releases troubled with exaggerated loudness? I hope going back to the masters allowed them to correct that - something you couldn't really do without them.

I am sure that the La-La Land Records release sounds better than what someone made at home with a Desktop computer using a bootlegged composer promo.

So why didn't you pick up the OST for the sequels?

My arrived Friday. I haven't listened to it yet but I just read the booklet. Some good observations made inside, but they don't explain what the Fluke or Kerry Walsh songs are all about.

Can't wait to listen!

I wasn't interested at the time. I try to support the labels as much as possible and that means buying stuff I've never heard before.

I am sure that the La-La Land Records release sounds better than what someone made at home with a Desktop computer using a bootlegged composer promo.

No doubt as they're working with the actual masters. Mine's just so I can get clean openings and endings and the odd bit that's missing from Mona Lisa Overdrive without having it sound jarring with regards to quality.

Listened to the set this weekend. I hadn't heard the boot, so most of it was new to me. At first listen, I think I still like the Juno Reactor vs Don Davis tracks the best... the two of their styles mesh so well. I wouldn't have minded if they collaborated on more tracks. Still, the Davis-only material was fun and I'm looking forward to exploring it further.

This is the first time I've gotten an autographed CD from Lalaland, so that's exciting too :) And both composers' comments were amusing. Pretty colorful when you're more used to hearing Williams discuss the composing process.

Listened to the set this weekend. I hadn't heard the boot, so most of it was new to me. At first listen, I think I still like the Juno Reactor vs Don Davis tracks the best... the two of their styles mesh so well. I wouldn't have minded if they collaborated on more tracks. Still, the Davis-only material was fun and I'm looking forward to exploring it further.

This is the first time I've gotten an autographed CD from Lalaland, so that's exciting too :) And both composers' comments were amusing. Pretty colorful when you're more used to hearing Williams discuss the composing process.

This is not only my first time getting an autographed CD, but it's my first time buying from LLL! Given how I had just left work when this went up on LLL's store, and how fast the autographed copies sold out, that is seriously lucky of me.

This is pretty off-topic but I feel compelled to share it. On Reddit right now, there is a "Did you know anyone growing up who is now famous?" thread going on, and buried deep down, are these comments.

Yeah, my dad is a composer and wrote the music for The Matrix trilogy. He is not a people person.

He's the kind of guy who knew what he wanted to do when he was 14 or something and stuck with it his whole life. And it shows. If you like opera at all you should look into his Rio de Sangre, it's pretty interesting (though it has some uncomfortable parallels to his opinions of his immediate family...)

It's really annoying that he's retired. He's so great at making music and he's only really happy/fulfilled when he's writing. Dealing with him when he's not happy is tough but I'm out of the house now and he's in Canada so I can just spend my thoughts appreciating his talents instead.

Retired?