King Mark

The Action Figure, Model Kit and Movie Memorabilia Thread

Well I finally completed my Polar Lights 1/350th TOS Enterprise. I slightly customized it by using the pilot version of the deflector dish and bussard collectors. That was the only thing I liked from the pilot version of the ship. I also had thought about putting one version of the pilot nacelle end caps instead of the production version but then decided to use the production version.

I was gonna display the shuttlecraft separate but ended up fucking it up when trying to put it together so was unusable. :( The bridge is in place and centered like in the show. I painted the inboard nacelle grills blue to simulate that they are lit. Supposedly that's what Gene wanted with the model but couldn't afford the cost of having them lit at that time. The model color was sprayed with Testors Flat Dark Aircraft Gray from the rattle can.

Anyways here are pictures...click thumbnails to view larger version of the photos.

th_IMG_0258.jpg

th_IMG_0366.jpg

th_IMG_0367.jpg

th_IMG_0368.jpg

th_IMG_0369.jpg

th_IMG_0370.jpg

th_IMG_0371.jpg

th_IMG_0372.jpg

th_IMG_0373.jpg

th_IMG_0374.jpg

th_IMG_0375.jpg

th_IMG_0376.jpg

th_IMG_0377.jpg

th_IMG_0378.jpg

damn...i bought the Papo Apatosaurus...

Young_Apatosaurus.jpg

I have stopped buying other memorabilia... but i can't help buying these... (only dinosaurs that appear in the JP films..)

They are not cheap...and in the beginning (2007-2008 i think it was...) i said, i'm going to buy just the velociraptor, just to have one of these cool dinos.

Now I have:

Raptor (two variants)

Green T-Rex

Spinosaurus

Stegosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Triceratops

Pachycephalosaurus

Ankylosaurus

Dilophosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Apatosaurus

And Styracosaurus...which was not in the films, but it is a great scupt, similar to JP designs, it was very cheap and well...they are in the videogame JP Operation genesis...

I haven't bought the Pteranodon because it is not a dinosaur...it has teeth, and cannot stand on its own (flying posture...( so it wont look good in the shelves..). I have neither bought the baby T-rex...because it's not film accurate and very expensive for its size. Nor the baby trike, which is film accurate but oversized and overpriced (Kenner's Stattler or Edie carr's dino match much better...).

I havent' got the running T-rex either...because it's somewhat ugly-faced.. and I already have a green (male) rex...if i had bought the brown (female) T-rex variant the released years later..the running rex would have been an instant buy... But i know I'll end up buying it someday...i suppose.

I hope they make the gallimimus someday...so i have all the 6 original film species...

So the other night I finished up my Star Trek Nemesis version of the Enterprise-E. Added a few more battle damage than what was shown...but didn't add the one to the bridge...made it before that particular hit and before Picard rammed the ship into the Scimitar. I added some more than what was in the show because I was covering up areas where the aztec decals had rubbed off just from handling the model.

Anyways, used Acreation Models aztec decals and Starcraft Models Nemesis conversion kit. It's not my best model build but am glad to have it done. Enough blabbing, here's the pictures...click on thumbnails to view larger versions of them.

th_IMG_0509.jpg

th_IMG_0510.jpg

th_IMG_0511.jpg

th_IMG_0512.jpg

th_IMG_0513.jpg

th_IMG_0515.jpg

th_IMG_0521.jpg

th_IMG_0522.jpg

th_IMG_0523.jpg

th_IMG_0524.jpg

th_IMG_0516.jpg

th_IMG_0517.jpg

th_IMG_0518.jpg

th_IMG_0519.jpg

th_IMG_0520.jpg

Ive started collecting the Eaglemoss Star Trek die cast starships.

My first two are the Enterprise C and the USS Equinox. They haven't shipped yet. Hope they arrive before my Birthday.

Ive started collecting the Eaglemoss Star Trek die cast starships.

My first two are the Enterprise C and the USS Equinox. They haven't shipped yet. Hope they arrive before my Birthday.

I want to start that up again...I think I will after the new year. Right now because of finical situation I am unable to.

I haven't read this whole thread (every thread on here is so extremely long!), but I used to collect He-Man stuff in my childhood. I had Castle Greyskull, as well as many of the characters. I also had an eclectic mix of action figures otherwise, including Hulk Hogan, Tarzan, The Phantom and some Transformers stuff. It's all stored in my parents' attic now. I wonder if I could get any cash for it these days, or if all has to be plastic sealed?

(ok, I'll stop ressurecting old off-topic threads now).

The toys are worth more sealed but you can certainly find buyers for the used pieces. I also have Castle Greyskull at home but it's incomplete. It's worth more to just get rid of it and know someone will enjoy it. 

I'm playing with my old toys.

90kenner2_zpsd177760a.jpg

Nice to get all my old Kenner Dark Knight Collection/Batman Returns figures back. I kept them mint and in little baggies. These are the raddest toys ever made. Batman (1989) was the first thing I ever got into as a kid. The only one I need to get is the Toy Biz Bob the Goon. I don't know what happened to mine. I think his leg got stuck and I sold him on eBay. Poor fuck. I offed him just like Jack. He's a great figure that fits right in with the Kenner ones and Jack needs his number one guy. I don't have any of the fancy Kenner vehicles or the Wayne Manor/Batcave playset because they're too fucking expensive. The only ones I ever had were the Toy Biz Batwing, Kenner Batskiboat and Bruce Wayne Custom Couple. I do have the Hot Wheels 1:18 Anton Furst 1989 Batmobile. It's not to scale with the old figures, but it looks great.

Mattel really fucked the dog with their 3 3/4" multiverse figures. They did release a really awesome figure of the Danny Devito Penguin, which was never properly done. However, the rest of the sculpts and paint jobs were wonky. Plus, they didn't do a Nicholson Joker, Batman Returns suit Batman, Vicki Vale, Max Shreck or anyone else. What a waste.

It's a shame my Star Trek figures were apparently stolen. All I have left is a Galoob season one Worf in the red uniform.

I bought this new  Kotobukiya Darth Vader statue.

If was only for the official pics I NEVER would have bought him as the helmet looks crap and inacurate

https://www.kotous.com/retailstore/artfx-54/star-wars-darth-vader-a-new-hope-version-artfx-statue-pre-order.html

But then I saw it in a store display and it seemed to me that they resculpted the helmet prior to release, and I was right  as evidenced by the pictures in this thread at Rebelscum. Now it looks quite film accurate.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1127898&page=2

Turns out it's a great Vader figure but  the box art and official site pictures show the crappy  prototype. Weird way of marketing it

Cool. I still have the Empire Strikes Back Vader they did in that pose. For me, that's my favorite figure of Vader ever made. I always remember him most especially in that pose holding his belt in the freezing chamber. The sculpt of the helmet on that one is slightly questionable, but he's just so cool.

DSC00172.JPG

I was anticipating it for many months, but waiting until the time of release to judge it. The prototype images can end up being nothing like the final product. Look at the highly-anticipated Last Crusade figures Hasbro produced years ago. The prototype images looked incredible. Like 4-inch scale NECA figures, actually. But aside from Henry Jones Senior, the figures as released looked really wonky. A similar thing occurred when Mattel released new figures based on the Tim Burton Batman movies a couple years ago. The only one that didn't look wonky was the Penguin. But this is a huge nearly 18-inch figure.

It's safe to say that the final figure exceeds my expectations. She went from a figure that looked pretty cool but I was unsure I wanted to spend over $100 on to an incredible work of art that I'd spend hundreds of dollars on. She does come with an alternate head with her mask intact, but I have to say the likeness is somewhat off on that one. She's really meant to displayed with this head, as the suit is modeled on how she looked in the finale of the movie when she goes to assassinate Max Shreck for the second time. It looks just like her!

DSC00174.JPGDSC00155.JPG

DSC00167.JPG

Now if only NECA would produce some Titanic figures.

37 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Ahh, the tat people buy for themselves when they're yet to experience grown up responsibilities. Bless 'em, such a simple and fun time! 

But mine is pretty fucking cool, right? I rarely buy toys. They really have to make something great.This was an exception. Actually, you know what? She's now the fucking rule.

Okay, so just an update on Selina. I had to order a doll stand for her. She just will not remain standing. This is a problem with NECA figures and the stands they provide (I got one) aren't a solution. Because she wears stiletto boots which are jointed at the ankle, you can't really depend on her feet to keep her standing. So I got this thing with a claw to hold her upright. Actually, her repeatedly falling makes her even more accurate.

Recently got the old Cardassian Galor model.  I never bought one when it first came out all those years ago.  I'm going to get a Maquis ship eventually as well since I never built that one either.  I also want to get another Runabout kit since the one I built many eons ago didn't survive.

I also bought this.

I know it's geekish but I've been wanting one for years.  Just gotta get an aftermarket Green Ranger coin.

Legacy Morpher.jpg

It is a bit sad, but I do have a glorified doll that I worship and have attached to a claw contraption to keep her posed to my liking, so who am I to judge.

Anyway, I usually don't even consider most of the Diamond Select Star Trek merchandise because it's typically overpriced and dodgy-looking. Seriously. Why can't NECA get the Star Trek license? The only Diamond Select things I own are the action figures of Colonel Kira and Ro Laren, which were pretty well done. But I do have a soft spot for Bajoran women and I cannot deny they nailed the hair on those figures. I spotted the Enterprise B from Generations in a store the other day. If you press the button, you can hear the dialogue from the opening scene. I was as giddy as a schoolboy. I still wouldn't buy it, though.

Oh, I also have their Seven of Nine figure. The likeness could be better, but she's incredibly sexy. Most of the Seven of Nine figures have never gotten the likeness right anyway, which makes me wonder if there's some kind of issue in regards to that.

It's a great figure. The likeness is perfect. Most of the Playmates figures looked just like the actors or actresses, which was pretty impressive at that scale. Patrick Stewart has never been done better. The newer figures look like figures of Picard cosplayers and they cost more money.

DSC00210.JPG