Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

31 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

This. Batman is a much more developed character, his moral laws are what make him interesting, particularly with The Joker.

I don't mind superheroes killing, but I'd rather watch The Shadow instead of Batman for that.

Next time, you get to be on top.

3 hours ago, Shatner's Rug said:

Batman should kill vicious murderers. Who else will? Bale's Batman was incompetent.

And yet he had lethal weapons attached to his vehicles.

Karol

7 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

This. I mean, why should Batman not kill people? Honestly, murder should have been made legal years ago IMO. 

In certain circumstances, it is.

3 hours ago, Shatner's Rug said:

Batman should kill vicious murderers. Who else will? Bale's Batman was incompetent.

Bale was no more than a boy sent to do a man's job.

4 hours ago, Nick Tatopoulos's Beret said:

I prefer Batman maiming and killing. Even Adam West's Bruce Wayne, who lamented the accidental deaths of the rehydrated pirates and avoided killing everyone on that day when you just couldn't get rid of a bomb at one point snapped and threatened to kill all the villains if they harmed Ms. Kitka.

I grew up with Michael Keaton's Batman, who bombed a chemical factory, picked guys off with miniguns and bombs from the Batwing, threw a black guy to his death and strapped an explosive device to some fat asshole. In the late 20th century/21st century, when you're dealing with terrorist organizations operating within the United States armed with automatic weapons, chemical weapons, bombs and maybe worse, you can't just catch these assholes in a net and drop them off on the front steps of city hall. We have to annihilate! Kill! Kill! Kill!

"Some fat asshole". I nearly snorted coffee all over my mobile! 

OK i understand why batman does it.
 Most of his archenemies are maniacs so he throws them into the asylum.

But the commonthugs and henchmen? many evil not-crazy people there.

Anyway, i suppose that in the comics there are only a few thugs. not an unlimited army like in videogames....

On 7/5/2016 at 9:22 PM, Romão said:

A Batman that kills would pretty much only defeat the Joker, Two Face,Scarecrow and what not once and be done with it. He would simply kill them straight away.

I much prefer the version where he doesn't kill. Makes him coherent with his mission and the tragedy that spawned him

And lend a higher degree of nobility and heroism to him. He is, after all, a superhero. There's a certain stubbornness to him not killing. It would be so much easier if he just carried a gun and shot people. But he would then be no different than the murderers he pursues, and for there to be any kind of greater purpose to his crusade beyond a nihilistic cycle of violence and death there has to be a clear delineation between Bruce and the "bad guys", however thin it might be. 

Just now, Red said:

And lend a higher degree of nobility and heroism to him. He is, after all, a superhero. There's a certain stubbornness to him not killing. It would be so much easier if he just carried a gun and shot people. But he would then be no different than the murderers he pursues, and for there to be any kind of greater purpose to his crusade beyond a nihilistic cycle of violence and death there has to be a clear delineation between Bruce and the "bad guys", however thin it might be. 

Spot on

According to a Dutch poll held by Filmtotaal, Cavil is the best Superman.

Henry Cavill: 54%

Christopher Reeve: 42%

Brandon Routh: 4%

Poor Brandon... Was he really that bad?

When did I say I was interested in only America? I just think some other small irrelevant European countries need to have their voices evaluated with regard to this iconic character. 

Why stop at Europe? I need Qatar, Lesotho, Guyana, and Fiji to submit polls too. 

And of course ISIL. I want to know which actor ISIL thinks was the best Superman. They'd probably pick somebody like George Reeves or Dean Cain. Those clowns are so out of touch with reality. 

Me too and I have no idea if you're serious or not. Routh and Cavill didn't bring enough to the character to prefer one to the other? What was the difference, really, except that the latest one was more ripped? They were more boring than Algebra II.

When I had Algebra 2, the teacher dumped water on a sleeping student. Good times. 

Just now, Alexcremers said:

Of course you do ... Cain is American and Cavill is not.

I like my Supermen like I like my presidents. American. 

I personally dislike the thought of anyone, good or "bad," being killed for any reason, so my preferred version of all superheroes bring criminals to justice through nonlethal means.

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I personally dislike the thought of anyone, good or "bad," being killed for any reason, so my preferred version of all superheroes bring criminals to justice through nonlethal means.

What about when Die Hard drops Hans Zimmer from the Nakatomi Plaza? Or when Hannibal Lecter makes a bowl of Ray Liotta's skull? Or when James Bond blows Hugo Drax out through the airlock? Or when Darth Vader threw Palpy down the shaft?

I accept the fact that heroes commit murder in movies.  Not my preferred thing to see, but it's part of the deal.  Filmmakers don't always share my feelings on things, so I don't expect every movie to appeal to my personal politics. 

I haven't seen BvS yet, but every previous film Batman has killed and I count some of those movies among my favorites.  It isn't my preferred characterization, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.  I find movies to be much more enjoyable if I try to enjoy them for what they are and not what they could have been.

31 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I find movies to be much more enjoyable if I try to enjoy them for what they are and not what they could have been.

If it's not what it could have been, I'd prefer not to ackowledge it as canon. Like Independence Day Resurgence.

8 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Is it truly honest?

Its a comedy video that highlights what is good and bad about the film.  Some really good jokes in there, a funny watch.

From my understanding, they all love films. That is why they take them apart this way. Besides, EverythingRight videos are actually quite boring to watch. Everyone can tell you what they like about films but it takes an extra bit of intelligence and knowledge to find inconsistencies and have a laugh like this. And that's what these are videos are: made for laugh.

I like the ones in which the screenwriters actually watch those thing with those guys and have a conversation. Like that Thor screenwriter, for example.

Karol

I will admit that Honest Trailers isn't nearly as bad as Cinema Sins, which is just irritating and maddening beyond belief to me.  And on the contrary, I love watching a good video essay that passionately explains why someone loves a particularly movie.