Best superhero theme of the 2000s?

gkgyver

Superhero themes  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best superhero theme of the 00s?

• Spider-Man (Elfman)
    • Hulk (Elfman)
    • The Incredible Hulk (Armstrong)
    • X-Men (Kamen)
    • X-Men 2 (Ottman)
    • X-Men 3 (Powell)
    • Man Of Steel (Zimmer)
    • The Amazing Spider-Man (Horner)
    • Thor (Doyle)
    • Captain America (Silvestri)
    • The Avengers (Silvestri)
    • Fantastic Four (Ottman)
    • The Dark Knight (Zimmmer/Newton Howard)
    • Daredevil (Revell)
    • Catwoman (Badelt)
    • Watchmen (Bates)
    • Green Lantern (Newton Howard)
    • League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Jones)
    • Hellboy (Beltrami)
    • Hellboy II (Elfman)
    • Ghost Rider (Young)
    • Iron Man (Djawadi)
    • Iron Man 2 (Debney)
    • Iron Man 3 (Tyler)
    • X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Gregson-Williams)

It's obvious they leaned on Elfman's theme and I swear I've heard that melody in another Horner score.

It's just Horner in his heroic mode. Let's leave it at that. ;)

Karol

Should be retitled: Best Superhero Theme of the 21st Century? If we're sticking to the '00s, I've had to go with Elfman's HULK theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rF5UBlq5vY

Meh, I like the movie but this was always just generic Elfman in cover all bases mode. Nothing stands out.

Btw, Horner's Amazing Spider-Man isn't really from the '00's, is it? Neither are Man of Steel, The Avengers, Thor, Captain America and Green Lantern for that matter. How silly.

Technically speaking the 2000's does not HAVE to denote the previous decade. It could just as well stand for the entire century.

I don't know whom to vote for and wish I coul vote for two at once, which would probably be the two Spider-Man themes.

As for the others, I also really like those of Kick-Ass, Debney's Iron Man 2 and Tyler's Iron Man 3, though they don't get used a lot.

Adding The Incredibles is an excellent idea.

Regarding Captain America, couldn't Menken's song be considered as a theme as well? Not as the main movie's theme, obviously, but as the character's theme in his own world: it is his song, and it's very catchy (hey, it's Menken).

Unbreakable is very cool.

And I like Doyle's Thor. Also Ottman's Fantastic Four and especially X-Men 2; oh and Powell's X-Men 3.

Still, for me, it would have to be a tie between and Elfman and Horner's Spider-Man themes.

obspdy001.gif

Should be retitled: Best Superhero Theme of the 21st Century? If we're sticking to the '00s, I've had to go with Elfman's HULK theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rF5UBlq5vY

Meh, I like the movie but this was always just generic Elfman in cover all bases mode. Nothing stands out.

As far as Eflman's blockbusters score go, it's as unique as one can get. Ang Lee really forced him not to fall back on nd his bag of tricks, and it shows. The action material can get tiring, but the Herrmannesque four note flute figure works wonders with all the Americana chord progressions below. It just resonates with me, and brings me back to a time in my childhood. Last summer of primary school, first major crush, holiday in Walton-on-the-Naze etc.

I love this period of Elfman - RED DRAGON's another standout.

I have to give Horner some credit. I"m not all that much a fan of his (I like a handful of scores; when he's on, he's really on), but his Spider-man theme gave me quite a thrill in the theater, and I think it's the best of the lot mentioned.