John Williams the comedian

dead_lizard

Just thinking of all the great and unexpected Williams one-liners over the years. Forgive me if there's already a thread for this. My favourite one at the moment is from the USC Q and A.

Q. "Do you think there's too much music in films these days?"

A. "When I'm writing them I do."

It's comedy central right here right now! Man JW can crack a mean joke when he sets his mind to it. Or rather doesn't.

His chameleon adaptability was a prerequisite to longevity and success in Hollywood. We used to call him Gorgeous. He was the golden boy, a beautiful presence. His music had a freshness, and he had a freshness.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

His chameleon adaptability was a prerequisite to longevity and success in Hollywood. We used to call him Gorgeous. He was the golden boy, a beautiful presence. His music had a freshness, and he had a freshness.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ROTFLMAO

and then again Stefan let's get serious,

no, not funny at all. :|

Ok, this is a good one. I'm tellin'ya!

"I hadn't heard of either disco or Meco. When I was asked to listen to Meco's now-famous recording, I was a little apprehensive, wondering how a pop record could be made from "The March from Star Wars" and what it would be like. I immediately liked what I heard and sensed that a genuine communication was taking place. Meco took things forward another step by bringing Star Wars to a vast audience who otherwise would not have heard it in its original symphonic setting. I am most grateful to Meco for all of this and I am delighted that 'disco' and 'Meco' are now household words."

HILAAAAARIOUS!

Ok, this is a good one. I'm tellin'ya!

"I hadn't heard of either disco or Meco. When I was asked to listen to Meco's now-famous recording, I was a little apprehensive, wondering how a pop record could be made from "The March from Star Wars" and what it would be like. I immediately liked what I heard and sensed that a genuine communication was taking place. Meco took things forward another step by bringing Star Wars to a vast audience who otherwise would not have heard it in its original symphonic setting. I am most grateful to Meco for all of this and I am delighted that 'disco' and 'Meco' are now household words."

HILAAAAARIOUS!

Source!!!??? I can't laugh at that without an actual source for the quote!