Other 80 year olds still on top of their game and as irreplaceable as John Williams

King Mark

Compared to JW and Ennio his filmography is tiny!

It's about the quality and not the quantity. Besides, you forget his concert works. But granted, his output is not as much as Williams'.

This forum is!

No, this subforum is about John Williams. So by that logic, we'd have to be listing other 80 year old John Williamses still on top of their game.

..though I wouldn't be surprised if those also exist.

This forum is!

No, this subforum is about John Williams. So by that logic, we'd have to be listing other 80 year old John Williamses still on top of their game.

..though I wouldn't be surprised if those also exist.

Its called JWfan forums, so...

• 1 month later...

Charles Aznavour, 89 years old, one the last living legends of French chanson.

I saw him in august this year in Québec and he's still in great shape, he's stunning.

photo_2413990_article.jpg

French song I believe

That's right, But French Chanson is a genre. So we must say that Charles Aznavour sings French Chanson songs :-)

But he also translated his songs in english, spanish, italian and german. One in russian too :)

Moreover, he will perform at Royal Albert Hall in London on 25 October 2013.

Quite impressive for a singer-songwriter that issued his first single in... 1948 :eek:

http://youtu.be/W1xLGnUmrI0

@king mark

Aznavour still produces himself all around the world and in front of an audience of all ages.

In april he was in California, then in New-York, in may he was in Brazil, Argentina, Chile. In august he was in Canada, and he will be in London & Amsterdam in few weeks.

Did you know that Charles Aznavour was chosen in 1998 as Entertainer of the Century by CNN and users of Time Online from around the globe? Mr. Aznavour is the century's outstanding performer, with nearly 18% of the total vote, edging out such greats as Elvis Presley and Bob Dylan.

You and Me Feat Céline Dion by Charles Aznavour on Grooveshark

• 3 weeks later...

Talking about Charles Aznavour, he performed this week-end at Royal Albert Hall in London, 89 years old.

I've just a found this link, it's a BBC bio interview of Charles Aznavour dating from 1978, it's very interresting!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/castaway/0ee67d1d

Isnt this a Williams thread?

I Think it's a thread to enumerate other international artists that are over 80's and still perform with success, as John Williams still does.

Charles Aznavour at Royal Albert Hall last week end.