2015: The biggest year in the history of blockbuster films?

Jay

There's something more personal about Studio Ghibli's work. Maybe it's the hand-drawn animation and simpler storyline(s), but the way their films unfold is just magical. Especially when Miyazaki is helming.

Pixar, even when they're firing on all cylinders, can't quite attain that level.

some how I doubt thats true for everyone.

the storyline of Spirited Away sounds too bizarre, I'd rather watch Up.

Is it a Joey conventions issue? What's wrong with bizarre? Strange can be satisfying, it can be exciting. Ever venture out of your comfort zone with movies Joey?

Is it a Joey conventions issue? What's wrong with bizarre? Strange can be satisfying, it can be exciting. Ever venture out of your comfort zone with movies Joey?

Alexwannabe, stfu, I watch a lot of bizarre stuff limey. ;)

btw bathhouses are such a family fare local.

Lee whose avatar screams Hollywood convention, but in his heart, the spirited away version, it's howwywoood.

Oh wait that's from 1941 so it's...

Lee whose avatar screams Hollywood convention, but in his heart, the spirited away version, it's howwywoood.

What are you talking about? I openly love Hollywood conventions, have done all my life.

Coming from Mr. Lee " only really like Hollywood" D???

Yeah Steef, I've only ever seen the Star Wars movies and Little House on the Prairie.

What are you talking about? I openly love Hollywood conventions, have done all my life.

Yeah Steef, I've only ever seen the Star Wars movies and Little House on the Prairie.

so it's okay for you but it's not for me???

Joe, having more fun discussing Natural darkness and noise pollution elsewhere.

What a feeling
Being's believing
I can have it all
Now I'm dancing for my life

so it's okay for you but it's not for me???

I can't help it if that's what you took away from my reply and that you drew your own conclusions about what that apparently meant for me now can I.

I was genuinely puzzled by your 'bizarre' comment, that's all.

how is bizarre difficult, parents turn into pigs, in a bathhouse. come to think of it pigs in a bathhouse isn't so bizarre afterall.

No way an Avatar movie was coming out in the summer, those are December movies

Avatar was originally scheduled to debut Memorial Day 2009, but switched with Night of the Museum 2 for December 18. Had Cameron been able to make that original date, the follow-ups would've been May releases too.

Studios like sticking with the same weekend for sequels.

• 2 weeks later...

This part is interesting.

U.S. audiences no longer make or break a movie.
The overseas box office will cushion Hollywood’s losses on some of these flops, making it all the more unlikely that executives will learn a valuable lesson from their mistakes. After Earth didn’t do very well here, taking in only $60 million, but it earned triple that abroad; with almost $250 million worldwide in the till, it’s not quite the fiasco for Sony that it first appeared to be. Meanwhile, Pacific Rim has struggled to reach $100 million in the U.S., but the overseas box office is robust enough that Warner Bros. has begun floating the idea of a sequel. Would movie studios really green-light a follow-up to something that lost money domestically? They already have: The only reason we got Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters this summer is because the first Percy Jackson movie made $220 million worldwide, earning a sequel despite its so-so $88.7 million tally back home. (So far, Sea of Monsters is unlikely to make even half that domestic cumulatively.) Red 2 is another example of a summer sequel we didn’t really need: It won’t be a patch on the first Red’s U.S. box office, but Summit is more focused on an overseas recoup anyway. That’s how much Hollywood is in the thrall of sequels: Even when Stateside audiences sour on these franchises, Hollywood would still rather throw out another sequel than finance a blockbuster based on an original idea, which is why you’ll be getting The Smurfs 3 in two years’ time.

Avatar 2, Avengers 2, Batman/Superman, Cinderella, Finding Dory, Hunger Games 4, Independence Day 2, James Bond 24, Jurassic Park 4, Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Pitch Perfect 2, Star Wars 7, Terminator 5

Alvin and the Chipmunks 4, Ant-Man (first Marvel Phase 3 film), Assassin's Creed, Fantastic Four 3 (actually a reboot), Hotel Translyvania 2, Inferno (sequel to Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons), Inside Out (New Pixar movie from Pete Docter), Kung Fu Panda 3, Peanuts (yes, Charles Schultz Peanuts), Penguins of Madagascar, Smurfs 3, and Tintin 2

TGhe ones in red are the only ones I'm interested in right now.

I'm still amazed at how small The United States is compared to Canada!

and yet there are more people in California than in all of Canada.

But the thing is, so far Marvel has only ever made one type of film. Do they even know how to do anything different?

Guardians of the Galaxy is looking like Firefly type of thing with aliens and a raccoon with a machinegun.

Tjis seems to eb a common process. There's more people in some of our Spanish nations than in some States of the north of Europe.

But the thing is, so far Marvel has only ever made one type of film. Do they even know how to do anything different?

Guardians of the Galaxy is looking like Firefly type of thing with aliens and a raccoon with a machinegun.

Tjis seems to eb a common process. There's more people in some of our Spanish nations than in some States of the north of Europe.

I have no idea what you're talking about.