The Book Thief (2013) - New Williams film score!

scissorhands

Yeah these kinda assignments are nice, but must not interfere with his blockbuster scoring.

The Star Wars films, Tintin 2, Indy 5 MUST have priority.

Please, don't!

Something new, like The Book Thief deserves priority

I already predict Spielberg's next film will interfere with his SW Episode 7 schedule somehow

JW can write 40 minutes of new music, some new themes etc and Gia can adapt them into a full score.

Indeed! It will still be "a John Williams score from start to finish," naturally.

FYI, author Markus Zusak is going to do a book signing and Q&A at the Museum of Tolerance in LA on September 8:

http://www.museumoftolerance.com/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=tmL6KfNVLtH&b=6771093&ct=13255861

Since he's there, I wonder if he will make a visit at the scoring sessions as well :)

:lol:

The War Horse and Tintin covers mysteriously resembled your creations in 2011. Perhaps a little too closely. Clearly Sony has its eye fixed on JWFan.

A nice design Sandor! :)

Wouldn't this be a terrific project for JW to score ? Some rich cultural heritage to refer to musically:

http://www.irishcentral.com/ent/Steven-Spielberg-and-Daniel-Day-Lewis-discuss-movie-about-Daniel-OConnell-223103011.html

That sounds very interesting. It's a bit of Irish history that doesn't really get much attention either.

Why didn't I see that earlier today.....? :(

You can always make a new one. :)

OK we have THE CD cover right there. Awesome Sandor!

I'm so indefinitely glad Williams does a movie not involving Spielberg or Lucas. He always produced fantastic music with other directors.

Are you implying that he didn't produce good music with Spielberg and Lucas or just saying that he has always done good work with directors he has worked with during his career?

That said a fresh perspective and director is always a good thing. While it may lack the comfortable continuity and familiarity of a longer collaborative relationship it might spark some new inspiration and creativity. Many of the collaborations in 2000's attest to that. :)

That said a fresh perspective and director is always a good thing. While it may lack the comfortable continuity and familiarity of a longer collaborative relationship it might spark some new inspiration and creativity. Many of the collaborations in 2000's attest to that. :)

Given Spielberg's regressions into more childish comfort zones (WAR HORSE, TINTIN), one might indeed say that 'comfortable continuity' is the one thing JW doesn't need anymore.

Given Spielberg's regressions into more childish comfort zones (WAR HORSE, TINTIN), one might indeed say that 'comfortable continuity' is the one thing JW doesn't need anymore.

I actually meant it rather as the facility of the working relationship between the collaborators but yes it applies also to how the artists like to "challenge" each other for the lack of better word. And I wouldn't say that those Spielberg regressions were utterly horrible music-wise either.

Steef won't be able to watch this because he can't stomach criminal acts committed for the greater good in the form of frivolous entertainment. Thievery is despicable and that girl deserved to burn with the books.