John Williams YouTube tributes thread

Quintus

Do admin and everyone else agree that a dedicated thread for all musical tributes to the maestro would be a handy resource? I personally enjoy seeing and hearing what the many talented fans come up with, especially when they're as beautiful as this:

And on the subject of the Weissenborn, can anyone recommend any scores or albums where it's featured prominently? Preferably with lots of fiddle accompaniment. It's a sound I really love actually, the sleepy western aesthetic.

Great thread idea!

This is a really fun one:

Wow! He must be one of those people who takes any theme and can improvise the hell out of it.

Love the Beethoven version of the theme. I would love to hear a Wagner version of the theme, but that would probably take 4 hours to play.

Do admin and everyone else agree that a dedicated thread for all musical tributes to the maestro would be a handy resource? I personally enjoy seeing and hearing what the many talented fans come up with, especially when they're as beautiful as this:

And on the subject of the Weissenborn, can anyone recommend any scores or albums where it's featured prominently? Preferably with lots of fiddle accompaniment. It's a sound I really love actually, the sleepy western aesthetic.

This vid makes me intensely happy for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Those guys are too goodlooking to be proper nerds! :)

But seriously, that's a great tribute. Better than most other 'a cappella' versions I've heard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

He's got technical skills, no doubt, but he walks into the trap of so many others in that area -- too uptempo, too much flair and -- sadly -- not enough dynamic between the fast and slow, powerful and subdued. Plus, too many embellishments -- sometimes, the simpler is the better. So sorry, didn't like that very much. Too noisy.

• 4 months later...

As i said in the Youtube-Thread, this guy has recorded a million movie themes and suites and i never heard anyone else so adept at choosing the right cues and playing styles for Williams (Horner, Goldsmith, Morricone, Debney and and and):

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye film arrangement!

Sure they struggle and the tempo is all over the place, but hats off to them. I believe this is the only footage of a proper movie cue performance available on YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Datameister, are you Joe Cardello? I just went to your Youtube channel....so much great stuff there. I'm one of your fans now!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...