For all the film music buffs out there...

MovieMusicMania

Hi all! Just wanted to share my new site with everyone... it's been up for a little over a month and it's dedicated to reviews of the newest film scores, something of a major passion of mine.

http://www.moviemusicmania.com

Reviews thus far:

Turbo - Henry Jackman

The Wolverine - Marco Beltrami

The Hunt (Jagten) - Nikolaj Egelund

Only God Forgives - Cliff Martinez

Pacific Rim - Ramin Djawadi

The Lone Ranger - Hans Zimmer

Much Ado About Nothing - Joss Whedon

World War Z - Marco Beltrami

Star Trek Into Darkness - Michael Giacchino

Man of Steel - Hans Zimmer

Soon to come:

Planes - Mark Mancina

The Conjuring - Joseph Bishara

Elysium - Ryan Amon

THANKS!

-John

Thanks for sharing but i immediately checked your credibility and basic knowledge of filmmusic by reading through your reviews. I sadly have to say your ratings are scary. I'm sorry but everyone who gives Pacific Rim or Man of Steel 4 out of 5 stars has NO credibility at all. That's just pure madness and fandom.

Yes you admit that you are a Zimmer fan but even then Zimmer created scores miles better and you can only give them one star more than Man of Steel, lol. So The Lion King, Prince of Egypt or Gladiator may only be one star better than Man of Steel???

Legendary scores like Jurassic Park, Starwars, Star Trek TMP, The Mission, Once Upon a Time in the West, Bladerunner, ... are only ONE star better than the "legendary" Man of Steel or Pacific Rim? Your posting here is pretty naive cause your ratings make no sense and your site only seems to be a Hans Zimmer and RCP score fanreview page. Even within RCP your ratings fail when you compare the better RCP scores...

Thanks for sharing but i immediately checked your credibility and basic knowledge of filmmusic by reading through your reviews. I sadly have to say your ratings are scary. I'm sorry but everyone who gives Pacific Rim or Man of Steel 4 out of 5 stars has NO credibility at all. That's just pure madness and fandom.

Yes you admit that you are a Zimmer fan but even then Zimmer created scores miles better and you can only give them one star more than Man of Steel, lol. So The Lion King, Prince of Egypt or Gladiator may only be one star better than Man of Steel???

Legendary scores like Jurassic Park, Starwars, Star Trek TMP, The Mission, Once Upon a Time in the West, Bladerunner, ... are only ONE star better than the "legendary" Man of Steel or Pacific Rim? Your posting here is pretty naive cause your ratings make no sense and your site only seems to be a Hans Zimmer and RCP score fanreview page. Even within RCP your ratings fail when you compare the better RCP scores...

WTF? Come back when you've got some credibility!

Hi all! Just wanted to share my new site with everyone... it's been up for a little over a month and it's dedicated to reviews of the newest film scores, something of a major passion of mine.

http://www.moviemusicmania.com

Cheers for linking.

Thank you for linking John. I look forward to perusing through your site when I have time. We always need more film music review sites on the net. :)

What's this? Someone else has a different opinion than you? Madness! NO CREDIBILITY. I'd like to see your rant when you learn that FMM gave Man Of Steel and The Lone Ranger 5 stars.

I have seen so many worse rants here on jwfan (also by members posting in this thread). So let me have mine, it just was a bad day and then i saw your ratings... I usually am much nicer than that and should have voiced my criticism in a more constructive manner. :)

I have seen so many worse rants here on jwfan (also by members posting in this thread). So let me have mine, it just was a bad day and then i saw your ratings... I usually am much nicer than that and should have voiced my criticism in a more constructive manner. :)

Understood. My rating system can't agree with everyone and I certainly get that. For example, any one of Howard Shore's LOTR scores is miles better in my book than Zimmer's Man of Steel. Those are definitely 5 star scores and if you end up popping by my site, you'll see that I give those out sparingly. Man of Steel, though, is a 4 for me because that was what I arrived at. For FilmMusicMedia it's a 5 and for Filmtracks it's a 1. Who's right? No idea, but I can tell you which one liked it and which one didn't. That's really all my star ratings mean... I liked it because of this or despite that and I think it's a good score. You and many other people are welcomed to and will most likely disagree with my opinion. That's kind of what I've signed up for unfortunately... it's a risk tackling the most controversial score of the year for your first ever review. However, I do sincerely hope your day is going better for you and appreciate you taking the time to visit regardless. As was requested, hug extended and awaiting reply. Happy listening!

-John

That was a knockout response, young man. Very impressive.

I like your site, and I appreciate your sharing it with us. One early and frequent question you're going to get will concern your views on earlier scores—Golden Age classics, sci-fi pillars, the Williams/Goldsmith/Horner era of the 70s and 80s, the evolution of the industry in the 90s. Do you have any plans to take a look further back, or are you just going to proceed from this (relative) point on?

- Uni

That was a knockout response, young man. Very impressive.

I like your site, and I appreciate your sharing it with us. One early and frequent question you're going to get will concern your views on earlier scores—Golden Age classics, sci-fi pillars, the Williams/Goldsmith/Horner era of the 70s and 80s, the evolution of the industry in the 90s. Do you have any plans to take a look further back, or are you just going to proceed from this (relative) point on?

- Uni

In response to your question regarding earlier scores and the “big three", I do have plans to look back since there's so much great stuff to discuss but I haven't quite gotten around to it yet. I also don't know where to start so I'll have to mull that over. I may start with some of my most listened-to scores and pepper them into the new reviews. Also, for October I'm planning to almost exclusively dedicate the site to both classic and modern era horror scores. Really looking forward to that one. Happy listening!