Benicio Del Toro looks like Abel Korzeniowski.

More like Elliott Goldenthal.

First screening was a fact. Here are some tweets from various website writers:

Oh #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy. You were everything I wanted and more. The most fun I've had watching a movie this year. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. In love w/ #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy. Will be talking about it a lot. So wonderfully entertaining and just beautiful. ALL awards to the VFX team." - Kara Warner

"#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is the most beautiful looking & humorous @Marvel film to date. @JamesGunn utilizes his soundtrack choices perfectly." - Courtney Howard

"GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is pretty damn irresistible. Unerring balance of comedy, action and Groot. Had a blast with it." - Jeremy Smith

"Guardians of the Galaxy is the first Marvel movie to have a great third act. It's full of personality, laughs, and dick jokes. Guardians of the Galaxy tells one story. It's cool and confident enough not to leave behind a bunch of loose threads." - Jack Giroux

"Marvel’s @Guardians is magnificent. Hilarious, touching, action packed, I don’t think I could’ve liked it more. @JamesGunn killed it. Wow." - Germain Lussier

"GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is, even with its Marvell-y flaws, jolly good fun, like John Badham doing STAR WARS. Space opera, with a wink. Random GUARDIANS thought: In many (good) ways, it's about as indebted to FIREFLY/SERENITY as it is to the look/feel of other Marvel Movies." - James Rocchi

"I really liked GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. The characters work so well together. Gunn nails space opera. I'm excited for GUARDIANS 2 not for plot reasons but bc the heavy lifting of establishing everything is done and the characters can sing. Weird thing: while GUARDIANS has the most Thanos-wank yet it's the Marvel movie that stands most on its own. It feels whole." - Devin Faraci

"...It's better than Thor 2 and Iron Man 2?" - Kris Tapley

If the film is a success, James Gunn is set to do the sequel.

My prayers were heard. This actually sounds good. At the very least, it has character, more than any other Marvel score save The Avengers/Cap and Thor.

And yet maybe that's the point - like McNeely's A Million Ways To Die In The West. Maybe. Let's all pretend that Tyler Bates would come up with a concept like that.

I am entirely selfish here. This is nice for lovers of old-fashioned, ACME-sci fi/spectacle huge orchestra scoring, but i have since the late 90's discarded so much Debney, Silvestri, Arnold etc. stuff that sounds like that, why bother?

No, and the score sounds, like I said, like it at least has character and will serve the film. But I was really hoping for something quite colorful... one of the best opportunities for that in a number of years.

The samples in Fal's link are a bit shitty, but the music in the first 5 minutes of the video pub posted are pretty good. The rest... Meh.

The first five minutes is Brian Tyler's Marvel Suite.