BloodBoal

The Dwarvish music for the Thrain parts was a very nice touch.

Do we know if Shore scored the early bits of that sequence? There could be something spectacular hidden in the vaults!

The Dwarvish music for the Thrain parts was a very nice touch.

Do we know if Shore scored the early bits of that sequence? There could be something spectacular hidden in the vaults!

No doubt.

Just look at the music cut, compared to the BOTFA OST track. I bet there is more. Doesn't seem like something Shore would leave unscored. But according to Doug/Jim, he didn't score the ring wraith fight either, so ...

Did I hear The Nine in there as well?

Possibly ;)

You got the piece stylistically pretty spot on GK. Very Shore-esque.

• 4 weeks later...

If nothing else, at least that trailer could liven up this place a bit. It looks like you'll end up having to re-do a fair few videos BB, as it seems like Jackson will be adding a few seconds here and there (Smaug's attack on Laketown, longer shots of the Elven army in Dale, parts of the battle, Legolas doing bullshit), in addition to new scenes. Obviously we can speculate on the longer Dain entrance, but what struck me was the brief shot at 0:13-0:15 in the trailer, where it seems the catapult troll is about to bombard the remnants of Dain's army, or possibly Erebor itself. I was thinking it could be a good candidate for 0:35-0:50 of 'The Darkest Hour' perhaps, especially as probable music for Dain fighting with his soldiers comes right after it? Of course, we're just speculating at this point, but it seems a reasonable bet. I'm also wondering if the same theme in 'Sons of Durin' might have something to do with that troll pursuing the chariot.

On a related note, that troll might also explain the fires going on around Dain's army, providing they fire incendiary shit (I don't mean that literally).

I fear our 'War Beasts' may be various trolls, or perhaps Wargs (I say this in relation to Azog's order rather than the musical motif). That said, I think there will be something monstrous in the Gundabadian army for Beorn to go up against.

To be fair, I always acknowledged that Azog's 'war-beasts' probably included Wargs, but they could refer to a variety of things yet. Let's not be hasty Master BB!

• 1 month later...
BB,

now that I've seen the EE, I just quickly skimmed through all your videos I had saved on my HD. I think the only ones that can be enhanced with EE footage would be

Guardians of the Three (Galadriel's entrance)

POSSIBLY Ruins of Dale (the 0:54 part might have returned in the EE, not sure)

POSSIBLY Thief in the Night (Gandalf/Alfrid convo MIGHT have been extended)

The Clouds Burst (Dain's intro)

Battle for the Mountain (lots of new battle shots)

Sons of Durin (ditto, plus the whole second half of the video is wrong)

To The Death (missing footage tag before the 5:00 mark)

All the rest of the missing footage tags are for stuff that wasn't restored to the EE, from what I can tell.

well I definitely heard the previously unused beginning of BattlefortheMountain in one of these EE youtube vids

the other one seems to use more tracked music tho

Also thats definitely the tailnote of Clouds Burst at the start of the same video

still no sight of the 'warbest' motif (if thats what it is, which seems logical to me)

On the downside, it seems now all the music is taken out of the Galadriel & notBolg scene (including whatever it had in the TE)

not that it matters for your videos, but still

edit: on the plus side, it seems they even managed to find a scene for the middle part of Cloudsburst

well at least some of the unused music from Guardians of Three found its way back properly (for the Radagast sled insert/Elrond fighting scene)

and maybe the music after that makes more sense with the Ring of Fire footage added back in

That statement of Thorin's theme from The Clouds Burst was restored, it plays while Gandalf says "This treasure will be your death!"

Most of Sons of Durin has been restored, the big blast of what Gk said might be Battlefield Heroism is used for a shot of the Women attacking Orcs.

I am not quite sure if I hear The Battlefield Heroism in there. Perhaps it is some nebulous permutation of it.

Wait, what? Now there's this Battlefield Heroism motif and everyone talks about it as if it was a well-know melody? What?

The little motif from RotK when Pippin saves Faramir and when Aragorn comes and off-handedly kills Gothmog!

Wait, what? Now there's this Battlefield Heroism motif and everyone talks about it as if it was a well-know melody? What?

The little motif from RotK when Aragorn comes and off-handedly kills Gothmog!

What does it score in the Theatrical version? ;)

I honestly don't remember if it even is in there. I have not seen the theatrical version since 2003 or something like that.

I honestly don't remember if it even is in there. I have not seen the theatrical version since 2003 or something like that.

Its in the Theatrical cue!

Its in the Theatrical cue!

Please tell us! No one else remembers!

"War Beast" motif from The Darkest Hour is restored as well, right before the unreleased Descending Thirds that goes into the Descending Thirds that can be heard in Bred for War.