BloodBoal

When early in the fourth film some supposedly exciting scenes started, I was already completely bored and spent the whole film without being able to get over how artificial everything felt to me and reflecting on why it felt boring instead of exciting. So yeah, a total failure of a film, to cause that reaction.

When early in the fourth film some supposedly exciting scenes started, I was already completely bored and spent the whole film without being able to get over how artificial everything felt to me and reflecting on why it felt boring instead of exciting. So yeah, a total failure of a film, to cause that reaction.

What took the cake for me was the appearance of Vernon Dursley early on. For me a typical B-movie casting choice. And that's what it felt like, B-movie from beginning to end.

No, I will give it a chance, because one thing that will be fun and work is Johnny Depp and Jeffery Rush together again as pirates.

Any opinions on the two new co-directors? I didn't see Kon-Tiki.

Disney hired 'em because they were cheap, and based on the work in Kon-Tiki, they can accomplish a good deal with a limited budget. And apparently, producer Jerry Bruckheimer is likely to be stripped of final cut privileges on this, thanks to The Lone Ranger bombing.

That's what boggles my mind too. When he's younger and doesn't command a lot of money he went for a lot of films that doesn't really garner lots of $$$$... Now when he's a billionaire and doesn't need to worry where he's next paycheck will come in he opted for commercialized franchises. Seriously Johnny, wtf?!

That's what boggles my mind too. When he's younger and doesn't command a lot of money he went for a lot of films that doesn't really garner lots of $$$$... Now when he's a billionaire and doesn't need to worry where he's next paycheck will come in he opted for commercialized franchises. Seriously Johnny, wtf?!

I often wonder this too. Surely there's a point where you just don't need any more money (and fuelling an excessive, celebrity lifestyle is not a reason) and you can be more selective about projects which won't necessarily pay a lot.

Although many actors I think will argue that it's hard work making a film, and particularly one that's riding on their performance, and that they should be fairly compensated. Plus, many give lots to charity.

But yes, it's odd that he keeps doing these movies, and Bruce Willis keeps doing Die Hards (I think it's not hard to tell that he didn't like the last one himself). Maybe for them it is just the money.

Now that you mention it, a lot of actors who are now in their late 40's - 50's tend to do the same thing Depp does and go into this commercialized franchises; i.e. Robert Downey Jr., Tom Cruise, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, etc...

Such miserable cynicism here. Could just be that Depp enjoys working on the movies and with the crew. I should imagine it's a heap of fun compared to you know, factory work.

Also, critics and armchair commentators be damned: word is there are plenty of folks out there who love this franchise.

Yeah, well Depp's getting too old to play Sparrow. Emphasis on the Captain.

Why? Does the original Disney ride give him an age that he's no longer able to play? Under all the make-up, it doesn't even matter anyway.

Remember that when he's being asked to jump, run, fall, climb, backdive, nosedive, and all other stuff that needs him to act convincingly without letting us know it's a stunt double we're seeing.

Yeah, well Depp's getting too old to play Sparrow. Emphasis on the Captain.

Why? Does the original Disney ride give him an age that he's no longer able to play? Under all the make-up, it doesn't even matter anyway.

Remember that when he's being asked to jump, run, fall, climb, backdive, nosedive, and all other stuff that needs him to act convincingly without letting us know it's a stunt double we're seeing.

Don't forget twerk.

Yea, I mentioned the ant man move in the future films thread. Didn't realize that potc5 was moved back - that frees up the summer somewhat!

• 1 year later...

It's funny that when Hans Zimmer was in Krakow last week he said something about scoring three and a half film and that he doesn't count fourth one. Not fond of it.

Karol