Alexandre Desplat to score Godzilla

Ollie

I think this will be at least entertaining and probably "good."

Does any production company come close to matching the hit-ratio of Legendary Pictures?

Their worst film is what, Lady in the Water? That was in their 2nd year as a company. And that at least had a superb score going for it.

They've proven a decent track record with what they put their brand on, a rare quality in Hollywood these days. So I'm very impressed with the teaser and looking forward to this one.

I must have seen a different trailer because only a fan boy could even begin to drool over this mediocrity.

I think this will be at least entertaining and probably "good."

Does any production company come close to matching the hit-ratio of Legendary Pictures?

Their worst film is what, Lady in the Water? That was in their 2nd year as a company. And that at least had a superb score going for it.

They've proven a decent track record with what they put their brand on, a rare quality in Hollywood these days. So I'm very impressed with the teaser and looking forward to this one.

Legendary has more than one bad film in their lineup, not just Lady in the Water. Observe & Report, Beerfest, 10,000 B.C., Jonah Hex and the last two Hangover movies. (Some would probably toss in Superman Returns, Man of Steel, Clash of the Titans and Wrath of the Titans as well.) I have a pretty good feeling The Seventh Son and Cyber will join them in two years' time.

I tell you what, Legendary is pretty good at trying different release dates. They turned March into a blockbuster month with 300 back in 2007, and hope to repeat the same with Warcraft in 2016.

I wasn't that impressed by it either... Except the cast of course, which is great. Elizabeth Olsen is really talented.

Incanus and BloodBoal are the worst for that, by far. I'm really looking forward to their upcoming disappointment.

Just to spite you I will enjoy the hell out of DoS!

Yeah yeah in your dreams!

No no my mind is made up! Prepare for a super-positive review once I have seen the film!

Incanus and BloodBoal are the worst for that, by far. I'm really looking forward to their upcoming disappointment.

Incanus' sure. He still has hope and it will be lovely to see that squashed. Bloodball decided to hate these movies a year before the first ever came out. So hit outcome will be as predictable as a 100 meters race with Usian Bolt as a contestant.

Yeah yeah in your dreams!

No no my mind is made up! Prepare for a super-positive review once I have seen the film!

So nice, it's great to keep a positive spirit. Made sure to have a family member or friend video your angry rant/emotional breakdown after seeing the film. Youtube gold!

Let's hope Desplat will hit it out of the park with Godzilla though. I am not so much interested in another giant monster film but the musical prospects ought to be good.

Whats that?

It is his rollicking animation adventure score with bright themes and very extrovert mood.

Just waiting for Jason's post where he say's he cant believe I haven't heard of it, it's great etc etc...

Has any Desplat score caught your ear in a positive way Stefan?

Okay I did just watch the trailer for this. Looks pretty frickin' promising actually. I just hope, like with lots of trailers, we aren't being mislead by the unusually prominent tone here. It was sort of anti-Mick Bay in the way it presented itself. Is that going to turn out to be a con?

Because that trailer music just sold it to me on its own.

I'm seriously considering having that music play on a loop during my funeral, loud. giving the attendants a sense of doom a dread which I feel is fitting for a post-Stefancos world.

Really DON'T want people dancing and celebrating on my funeral!