The Quick And The Dead
Judge Dredd
Eraser
Mouse Hunt
Siegfried & Roy: The Magic Box
Van Helsing
Beowulf
G.I. Joe

Judge Dredd and Mouse Hunt are two of his very best. Make these the ones you go hunting for first!

17 minutes ago, John F said:

Wish he was scoring Prey. Would be incredible for him to add a new theme or two to his Predator score scape.

We know who's doing it?

I am also hoping for Bear. It's been quiet on the score front for a lot of movies. But I do hope either Bear or another composer with a big orchestral sound who can also add the proper ethnic touches to the film

4 hours ago, Bespin said:

Is this the only released version of it?

20. Back to The Future: The Ride

Secondary, 3 of 4

Shame it wasn’t added as a bonus track on one of the BTTF expanded editions like the ET ride although I think the performance on this isn’t bad and certainly much better than the rest of the album which is frankly pretty ropey. Silvestri requires very precise playing and the RSNO clearly didn’t get quite enough rehearsal time for this one. The playing for BTTF3 taken from the original score is noticeably better.  Pity as their Alien and Batman trilogy albums (amongst their many other recordings of course!) are great. Curiously they didn’t choose to use the original Aliens tracks for that album (as that’s the only one varese has rights to). 

Had no clue that that BTTF3 tracks on that release were snatched from the OST.  Makes sense - it’s been Varese’s MO to mix perpetuity OST tracks in among their re-recording compilations when they can - but I legit had no idea.  Just listened to it last week, too!

On 14/06/2022 at 11:36 AM, mstrox said:

Had no clue that that BTTF3 tracks on that release were snatched from the OST.  Makes sense - it’s been Varese’s MO to mix perpetuity OST tracks in among their re-recording compilations when they can - but I legit had no idea.  Just listened to it last week, too!

The sound and performance from the BTTF3 OST is very different to the rest but I guess when you're not listening to it, you don't really notice!

Decided to recreate this collection using the OST tracks... anyone know what track "Hill Valley" from BTTF2 relates to on the OST/expanded release? I can't see a cue with that name on the expanded album or the OST or a track with the same length or close enough with a title that suggests it's the same cue.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bespin said:

@thx99Do we know the track listing of the promo album for "Ready Player One"?

I do not.  I'm actually not aware of any promo release for the score.  Looking back on my 2018 FYC thread, Warner Bros. didn't post any audio files for the film, nor for any of the films that year.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Given the premise of the film (a story that takes place in a single room), I wasn't expecting big orchestra. As always, curious about any new Zemeckis/Silvestri collab.

From the wikipedia about the original comic..... Well this sounds odd!

The first panel of "Here" shows an unadorned corner of a room in a house. The 35 panels that follow all show the location in space depicted in the first panel at different points in time, ranging from the year 500,957,406,073 BCE to the year 22,175 CE. The panels are not ordered chronologically, and most of the panels are subdivided into multiple panes to show different points in time within the same panel. 

On 05/10/2023 at 9:10 PM, Thor said:

Given the premise of the film (a story that takes place in a single room), I wasn't expecting big orchestra. As always, curious about any new Zemeckis/Silvestri collab.

Introspective Silvestri ain't a bad notion, as I'm sure you well know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 30/01/2023 at 5:12 AM, 12-Mile Reef said:

Thanks, that was wonderful!  It very much mirrors my own path and also reminds me of the time I met him on a scoring stage.  He was so full of modesty, approachable humility, and humor.  Very friendly and supportive, I recall.  During a break, he told us about Romancing the Stone and how he faked that he knew how to score.  I think that was his first feature.  Lovely and very talented man.

6 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Musical legends on both sides. Why the need to denigrate Taylor Swift, an artist who writes most of her own songs?

Yavar

No need to whine. It was just a silly joke on Swift's megastar status.

I have no opinion on her one way or another. I guess I haven't even heard more than three or four of her songs. I just know she's treated like a deity by a lot of people on social media (especially teens and youngsters) and it's honestly creepy.

9 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

No need to whine. It was just a silly joke on Swift's megastar status.

I have no opinion on her one way or another. I guess I haven't even heard more than three or four of her songs. I just know she's treated like a deity by a lot of people on social media (especially teens and youngsters) and it's honestly creepy.

That's the price of extreme fame and popularity, I guess. It's equally creepy to me in the opposite direction, when people feel the need to dump on her or denigrate her as an artist just because she's so popular.

I wasn't whining in the slightest; it just struck me as a weird and unnecessarily negative comment made against someone who is anything but a Britney Spears manufactured pop star type.

This is my favorite Taylor Swift song I think... very poetic:

Yavar