Bear McCreary tweets Elmer Bernstein advice

chuck

-"Respect the film. You don't have to like it." #ElmerWisdom

Did Bernstein also give that piece of advice to Goldsmith?

This one too, I hope:

-"In the long run, you're judged by how you helped the film, not how many records you sold." #ElmerWisdom

Haha, new tweet:

-"Jerry Goldsmith is the #1 composer working now. He's open to new ideas and always inventing." (1999) #ElmerWisdom

Haha, new tweet:

-"Jerry Goldsmith is the #1 composer working now. He's open to new ideas and always inventing." (1999) #ElmerWisdom

Which provokes me to ask, "Is Williams 'open to new ideas' and 'always inventing'?" If not, who is?

Did Goldsmith give this advice to Bernstein?

Did Goldsmith give this advice to Bernstein?

I could hear it in my head, "Hey Elmer, here's a piece of advice you could give to your class. I'm the #1 composer right now. "Cause I'm open to new ideas and always inventing." (at the USC cafeteria.)

Haha, new tweet:

Which provokes me to ask, "Is Williams 'open to new ideas' and 'always inventing'?" If not, who is?

Historically, well...

Didnt Jerry had some dismissive comments sbout Elmer in the now mythical autobiography that never happened?

Yeah. I think it was something like "That guy is a dick".

You forgot the rest of that sentence: "...But I've got a bigger dick."

Hey, McCreary just posted a new tweet:

-"It's not the dick that makes the composer. It's the composer that makes the dick." (1999) #ElmerWisdom

Substitute "makes" with "blows"; and "dick", "director".

-"You can't change the system. You have to deal with it the way it is." #ElmerWisdom

-"There is a mystical element to a flute in its low register." #ElmerWisdom

-"You can't change the system. You have to deal with it the way it is." #ElmerWisdom

That's what most people living under a dictatorship think! Way to go, Elmer Fuckenstein!

iKgQMQLF5ium4.gif

Last two quotes that Bear wrote down:

-"Filmmakers tend to be comfortable when we're comfortable, which happens when we're ourselves." #ElmerWisdom

-"You have to love what you're doing." #ElmerWisdom