Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 5-film series

Bilbo

Finn is going to have a theme!

That video had like 10 views, and likely wouldn't have surfaced!

I had no idea they were already in production.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/04/fantastic-beasts-american-muggle

A few shots have been released, I'm trying to find them.

That's big news?

Compared to a logo!

I posted the logo yesterday!!!

Somehow, I avoided this thread and had no idea a new Harry Potter movie was being made. Although I'm not surprised, I did need to Google how they were adapting the textbook into a movie.

The stuff she puts on Pottermore and Twitter is kind of annoying in that sense (mainly because the media keeps shoving it into the headlines over and over) but I think this is different since it's part of the film. I think like Stefan said, it seems logical that Americans would have a different word than Muggle. "Nomaj" seems kinda lame and cheesy, but then again, it's the 1920s when the popular slang was bee's knees and heebie jeebies. I think it'll probably fit.

I just want this to be fun. Yates' Potter movies were so dire, which was partly justified for those stories but I hope this one has a lighter touch.

I will never ever justify Yates's style... Bring back Mike Newell or Cuaron. Talking about Pottermore, are you able to just view the extra info now or do you still have to play games and waste time in general?

I'm pretty sure it was a mutual decision. Much as I was looking forward to them, I don't think having all those flashbacks would have worked that well in a movie, in retrospect.

I definitely preferred Yates to Mike Newell, anyway. GOF is entertaining for what it is but it bugs me as an adaptation of the book...the characters are all over the place, the magic OTT. If Yates sometimes didn't quite go big enough, that one is all way too much for me. By far feels the least like Rowling's writing.

But he dumbed down the whole plot. He wasn't interested in Voldemort's past!

Neither was I. Much of HBP had to be re-written to create a film that makes more dramatic sense. I swear half the book is just Pensieve flashbacks that take ages to get to the point.

But he dumbed down the whole plot. He wasn't interested in Voldemort's past!

Neither was I. Much of HBP had to be re-written to create a film that makes more dramatic sense. I swear half the book is just Pensieve flashbacks that take ages to get to the point.

Yeah, the whole plot can be summarised as "blah blah blah love blah blah blah flashbacks blah blah blah and then Dumbledore dies".

The best one was Chamber of Secrets because it had so many scenes of nothing going on. Great flick to doze off to.

COS is the best example of how not to do a faithful book adaptation. Deathly Hallows 1 has a similar problem, but at least it wasn't boring.

Wha? The first two films are easily the most faithful adaptations!

Sometimes the best film adaptations don't always stick faithfully to the books. Even though the final cut was rushed, Order of the Phoenix captured the spirit of the book, and it didn't need two movies to do it. (Would love to see that nearly 3 hour rough cut.)

Deathly Hallows 1 & 2 was also very faithful to the final book, but unlike SS and COS, it didn't feel routine. The split gave the filmmakers time to tell the story properly and give the characters a proper farewell. But I hated the epilogue-- even in the book it was unnecessary.

The best one was Chamber of Secrets because it had so many scenes of nothing going on. Great flick to doze off to.

COS is the best example of how not to do a faithful book adaptation. Deathly Hallows 1 has a similar problem, but at least it wasn't boring.

Agreed.

I found DH1 to be far more engaging than DH2, in fact. The latter had an awkward pacing and terrible execution of the final battle scenes. Plus there's the Jablonsky-ized Desplat score which, like the film, is also overshadowed by its immediate predecessor.

OOTP was the biggest let-down and the first Potter film I was disappointed by. HBP was slightly better than OOTP. Deathly Hallows P1&2 I felt did a good job at capturing the books but I actually liked the camping scenes in the book whereas I know many others don't.

Does anyone know who's attached to score FBAWTFT?

OOTP was the biggest let-down and the first Potter film I was disappointed by. HBP was slightly better than OOTP. Deathly Hallows P1&2 I felt did a good job at capturing the books but I actually liked the camping scenes in the book whereas I know many others don't.

Does anyone know who's attached to score FBAWTFT?

Desplat will be unable due to Rogue One so they'll have to bring in Williams to fill in.