Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 5-film series

Bilbo

If you want to see FB4 and 5, you need to see the third one in theaters.

Fantastic Beasts 4 Reportedly Hinges on Secrets of Dumbledore's Performance

Warner Bros. is reportedly waiting to see how Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore performs before green-lighting the planned fourth film.

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

If you want to see FB4 and 5, you need to see the third one in theaters.

Ooh, wow. Give Warner Bros all your money, now!

Since the nearest cinema to me is a 45 min. car ride, then a 60 min. ferry ride, then another 90 min. car ride, plus an overnight stay, then reverse all that, I'll wait for the DVD.

Still have fun going to movies. Matinees and later showings (and also going to see movies that apparently nobody else wants to see lol) has also helped me avoid some of the more annoying audience experiences. Have had the whole theater to myself a handful of times, makes me feel like a king. 

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

I might be completely misinterpreting, but this sounds/reads like Heyman is talking about his work on Potter as opposed to Fantastic Beasts 3.

Yeah, yesterday I heard on Mugglecast that Aurelius means golden one and that the original plan might have been for Flamel and Dumbledore to have made him through alchemy. Can't this lady just write books? And then Kloves can adapt them.

7 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Can't this lady just write books? And then Kloves can adapt them.

That's what should've happened from the start. Rowling writes the books, Kloves adapts them into films. Her awful scripts plagued the franchise from the beginning.

Ezra's career is terminal. Can't see many studios working with them now, especially for any tentpoles.

Less than four weeks after being arrested for disorderly conduct at a bar in Hawaii, actor Ezra Miller has been arrested again in the same U.S. state – this time for second-degree assault.

According to Indiewire, authorities responded to reports of an assault in Pahoa, Hawaii at a private residence. Miller reportedly became irate after being asked to leave and allegedly threw a chair, which struck a 26-year-old woman in the forehead resulting in an approximately half-inch-sized cut.

Yet another recasting for this series, if a 4th film even sees the light of day?

WB execs must be tearing their hair out over The Flash.

Reading DH again. It says Dumbledore and Grindelwald never saw each other again after the two-month spell before their duel and that Grindelwald committed crimes for five years before the duel. The timeline is certainly messed up now.

The loophole could have been nobody knew about the restaurant meeting at the beginning, but there were too many witnesses at the end in Bhutan, that's pretty incompetent reporting even for Rita lol. 

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Reading DH again. It says Dumbledore and Grindelwald never saw each other again after the two-month spell before their duel and that Grindelwald committed crimes for five years before the duel. The timeline is certainly messed up now.

That is still correct in the books. They never said it in the films so I see no problem with it. 

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Stu said:

💩

(that’s an official release on the Watertower account)

How desperate is WB to reach anyone with something from this movie? LOL. It's really not even decent either. Not even particularly Fantastic Beasts related too.

Someone show this to John Williams

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out that both Trinix remixes are the first two songs in the official Fantastic Beasts 3 spotify playlist made by Watertower Music. They really seem to like those...

The playlist itself is a mess

• 4 months later...

Except given the general reaction to FB3's score, even that would seem like a waste of resources if JNH is only going to be allowed to repurpose stuff from the previous scores with little new thrown in.

If they kept going and made Movie 4 out of 5, at this point I'd even be kind of indifferent to a JNH score. I like 2 and 3 fine but it's not really shaping up to be the essential musical saga I hoped for after his first one really rocked the house. 

If they changed it to 4 out of 4 instead, then I'd dare to get my hopes up because then he'd theoretically have something to work with.

I feel like that's the only move here aside from dumping it altogether, because at this point the momentum is just not there to sustain my interest in a penultimate Fantastic Beasts movie. Whereas you could MAYBE get me marginally interested in a finale. But I feel like it'd end up a bit desperate. 

10 hours ago, TSMefford said:

Just end it. I'm still content to pretend there was only ever one movie.

The thing is, I agree on principle, it's just that it ends with that stupid Grindelwald cliffhanger. They really have to remake 2 and 3, or add a caption to 1 saying Dumbledore caught him or something.

The problem with the third movie, which is enjoyable, is that they changed it from the original screenplay and fast tracked so many storylines so that they’re in a weird place now if they want to make 5 movies as planned.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed, @bollemanneke.

I watched the second one, recently (sorry, but I can't be arsed to Google its title).

It seemed like Yates was trying too hard to impress, which he really doesn't need to.

He has made four of the most successful HP films, and got good notices for doing so.

The real issue is with the writing: it's shite.

Points 2 and 3 are very valid. She should never be allowed anywhere near an original screenplay.

I think Yates is all over the place.

HP5 was a real bummer after 4 for me.

6 is okay as a movie, but insanely inadequate as an adaptation.

7 is intense and quite good.

8 is too short and anti-climactic in a way.

All of them are plagued by stupid spotting decisions too that ruin them even more for me.

FB1 is great.

2 is a drag.

3 tries, but sadly fails.

• 11 months later...