Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 5-film series

Bilbo

I'm actually hoping for a Desplat score. Don't know if I could live with the disappointment of another Hooper.

Why is Harry the Chosen One?

Why should that matter? Why is Luke the chosen one? Why is Neo the Chosen one? Or Frodo?

Frodo is not the Chosen One.

You actually know nothing about Tolkien, do you?

Luke isn't the Chosen One either. That was his dad.

Godzilla is a fantastic beast, and it will be about how Newt Scamander will try to find him. This will expand the Harry Potter universe into the Legendary's Godzilla cinematic universe and lead into how Newt became the founder of MONARCH.

All scored by Alexandre Desplat.

I've always been curious what non book readers think Harry is doing carrying around a broken mirror shard in Deathly Hallows Part 1....

Well, Stefan already hit the nail on the head in regards to movie adaptations. Various things are vague and unresolved, but ultimately it's a hero's journey and defeating the bad guy story. The movies work regardless of how the book geeks view them.

I agree, the main story works when all is said and done. But you do have to either just accept or ignore half the stuff they bring up, when the fun of the books was how anything and anyone that was introduced was almost guaranteed to become significant at some point. They hit a lot of the big ones so you kinda get the idea, but rather than streamlining too much, in some ways I wish they hadn't tried to pack so much into it so they could dig into the most important details and moments.

I think one of their goals was just to get in as many of the scenes, characters, sets, and props that fans would want to see come to life and it became too cumbersome for them to perfectly sort out the plot in 2.5 hours. Especially when they were also indulging themselves with new things like the Weasley house getting attacked in HBP (another thing you have to ignore), Harry and Hermione dancing and nearly making out in the tent (another thing you have to ignore unless you enjoy their weird unresolved sexual tension), and Harry and Voldemort's big explosive fight all around Hogwarts in the last movie (I guess you just have to accept that awful face-merging scene)

I think you meant Voldemort and Draco's unresolved sexual tension after nearly makong out in front of everyone, right?

There was a lot of that going on around in those movies tbh.

Snape/Hermione BDSM, you say......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

What say we get some links and turn this thread into "Fantastic Beats and Where to Find Them"

• 2 weeks later...

David Heyman has announced that Fantastic Beasts will be a lot like Goblet of Fire.

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/fantastic-beasts-film-tone-will-be-similar-to-harry-potter-and-the-goblet-of-fire-102399/

I am getting cautiously optimistic now and it could become an interesting score too.

DOES THAT MEAN THAT THERE WILL BE A LOT OF SHOUTING?

And stupid haircuts!

While I liked the shorter hair in Order of the Phoenix, the long hair in GOF made perfect sense. They're wizards and witches, they're supposed to have long hair. Why would all the kids have their hair super short? All the adults had long hair.

The kids' appearances were always described as kinda messy and unkempt in the books. The third movie was probably the closest to how I imagined them. The Columbus and Yates movies were more clean-cut (although Hermione's hair was at its frizziest in the first one) while GOF was a bit out of control.

David Heyman has announced that Fantastic Beasts will be a lot like Goblet of Fire. http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/fantastic-beasts-film-tone-will-be-similar-to-harry-potter-and-the-goblet-of-fire-102399/ I am getting cautiously optimistic now and it could become an interesting score too.

But... but... Goblet of Fire is shit. :mellow:

Eh. 5-8 just sort of are. They're harmless. And I actually enjoy 5 and 7. Even 8 is alright (6 is just as boring as its printed counterpart). But GoF actively rubs me the wrong way. It's like someone shouting a hodgepodge of events in your face from less than a foot away. It has the relevance of one of those click baity links that pop up on your Facebook timeline (what happens next is INCREDIBLE!!!). That movie just pisses me off.