Worth starting a 'Scores Currently Being Recorded and Where' thread?

APBez

I wonder if it's worth starting a thread here that logs which film scores are currently being recorded and where.

Back in 2005, I had the pleasure of meeting John Williams and George Lucas at Abbey Road Studios as they recorded the score for Star Wars: ROTS. If my memory serves, I think I only learned that it was recording at the time thanks to a board member here who may have been in the LSO (or maybe a board member had got this information from an LSO player?). Anyway, that snippet of information led me to Abbey Road - I was the only fan there - and access to artists as they arrive is very open. I managed to get autographs and photos and, a few months later, a ticket to the Leicester Square Premiere of ROTS... all from that one post on here.

Particularly for scores recording in London, access is good, not just at Abbey Road but Air Studios too. If we shared knowledge about what's recording and where, I think there are some wonderful opportunities for fans. Sources are all over the place (sound engineers' Twitter feeds seem to be good) but I think it would be useful to bring that information together in one, maybe a sticky thread.

What do people think?

Cheers,

APBez

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is JWfan.

You don't need to ask permission for opening a thread, whatever comes to mind, just post it. Ask anyone.

Good point. Maybe I should be asking if there's enough life to make it sticky. We'll see, I guess.

There's a brilliant website that lists all film music-related concerts around the world (http://www.moviesinconcert.nl); we need the scoring sessions equivalent in thread form, I think.