Fitzwilly (expanded) from Music Box Records

Thor

I have no idea why I'm doing a thread on an expanded issue, as I'm perfectly pleased with my old Varese CD of this, but I thought it might be interesting to everyone else:

http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/49-fitzwilly.html

Oohh great news! I am getting this ASAP! :)

Thank you for getting over you aversion to expanded re-issues and reporting this Thor! ;)

WOW! great news! I didn't thave the Varese one!

it won't be limited,right?

edit: oh, just saw it, it's LIMITED!! OMG!

i have never purchased from them. Do they ship worldwide?

edit 2: Oh, they do

edit 3: OMG, this is already up for pre-order! It could be OOP in hours!!!!

And I don't have money in my pre-paid card!

Delete this thread at once! noone must know about this! :biglaugh:

Am I able to order this and have it shipped to the U.S.? I want to be sure before I buy this.

Music Box does have international shipping - mine came out to about $29 after shipping to the U.S. though, so if you want to save the money you might want to wait for it to pop up on SAE

WOW! great news! I didn't thave the Varese one!

it won't be limited,right?

edit: oh, just saw it, it's LIMITED!! OMG!

i have never purchased from them. Do they ship worldwide?

I checked and yes they ship worldwide. A European label.

This is also just available for pre-order. The CD will be out on 21st of October.

Am I able to order this and have it shipped to the U.S.? I want to be sure before I buy this.

Music Box does have international shipping - mine came out to about $29 after shipping to the U.S. though, so if you want to save the money you might want to wait for it to pop up on SAE

But if it goes OOP until then? it's only 1000 copies!

It's Fitzwilly, not Star Wars.

Spacecamp was not Star Wars either, and it went OOP in 24 hours I think.

(and it wasn't even an expansion. Meaning, some already had the Japanese release.

But this, will be bought probably by those too who have the Varese release and want more)

SpaceCamp is Williams in his 80s prime, and it was only previously available as a limited Japan release. This is Jazzy Johnny, not nearly as popular, though I suspect it will sell out eventually, not within 24 hours.

Did the Varese sell out? I think it did, if memory serves, but I can't remember how long it took.

Yes Varese sold out. Relatively quickly if I remember correctly. That was however the first release of either Fitzwilly or Long Goodbye on CD so no wonder.

Anyway I ordered from Music Box Records. :)

SpaceCamp is Williams in his 80s prime, and it was only previously available as a limited Japan release. This is Jazzy Johnny, not nearly as popular, though I suspect it will sell out eventually, not within 24 hours.

The Long Goodbye sold out fairly quickly recently, also a small pressing. Either it was panic induced or people really dig the Long Goodbye tune. ;)

It has been one heck of a year for John Williams releases. How many have we gotten thusfar?

Ordered :)

Very nice surprise indeed. The album recording is very good (I hope the remaster is well done, both the Tsunami boot and the Varèse reissue were lacking) and already a good representation of the score, but the actual film recording is of great interest as well.

It has been one heck of a year for John Williams releases. How many have we gotten thusfar?

Yeah, it's been a good year, althoug it's been a VERY long time since we got a new, previously unreleased score. I can't even remember what the last one was.

oh i just read the description. the monaural complete score comes from the film stems and they even had to remove 'dialogue echos'. but some remain.

well it seems the only available source so, what can we do. At least they come 100% clean about it which is nice, lately.

oh i just read the description. the monaural complete score comes from the film stems and they even had to remove 'dialogue echos'. but some remain.

well it seems the only available source so, what can we do. At least they come 100% clean about it which is nice, lately.

For the moment this still is the only way to get this score, album and original score, dialogue echoes or not.

I just ordered it from musicbox

now what's this about Mono and "removed dialogue echoes"... :(. sounds like I just bought an expensive bootleg

and wasn't this re-issued a few years ago ?

I ordered it from musicbox

now what's this about Mono and "removed dialogue echoes"... :(

Apparently mono aural film stems were the only available (surviving) source for the original score. These stems had some dialogue echoes, that they have to the best of their engineer's ability removed from this new release but evidently some still remain.

Quote from the Music Box Records' site:

This archival expansion of this classic title falls in line with other recent classic releases which used similar sources as our release of Fitzwilly. With the help of our engineer, we did our best to fix the fluctuating volume levels and remove the low-level dialogue that may occasionally bleed over from the film's audio masters. As such, we kindly ask you to listen to our samples and make a decision on the quality yourself.

Koray any Williams title limited to 1000 will sell out fast

Great, now they start releasing DVDrips!

The 2050 release of RotS. due to the masters not surviving we bring you the film sems with dialogue echoes

The 2050 release of RotS. due to the masters not surviving we bring you the film sems with dialogue echoes

They can use the videogame files ;)

I knew when The Long Goodbye got a proper release that Fitzwilly eventually would too. Had no idea it was coming from Music Box though so this was a great surprise to read today!

I should be able to order this from MovieMusic.com from my phone when it goes up there.

Big thanks to scallenger and Zack for making sure I knew about this release while I'm away on vacation.

I love the Internet and smartphones!

This is awesome! First, the Maestro's latest film score, The Book Thief, then La La Land Records coming out with a yet-to-be-revealed expanded score of John Williams, and now this! More and more to look forward to from the Maestro.

that's odd.

I live in Greece.

And ordering from SAE including shipping (USA), is cheaper than ordering from the company (in France i assume).

You would think it would be the other way around.

SAE: $29.95

Music Box: 23,5 euros = approx. $31.78