Fitzwilly (expanded) from Music Box Records

Thor

I placed my order with SAE but earlier I did the checkout process on their site and the totals were off too. It said 16 euros for the CD and 8 euros for shipping, but on the order confirmation page it said the total was 21 euros and some change.

i was billed for 23.5€! :(

still don't understand.

maybe it has to do with taxes in your country?

Why you in Spain were billed 23.5 and the other in Switzerland less, since the shipping for both countries is 7.50?

still don't understand.

Why you in Spain were billed 23.5 and the other in Switzerland less, since the shipping for both countries is 7.50?

My shipping wasn't 7,50. It was 6,27 and the cd 13,38.

I just ordered from MovieMusic.com. It was $19.95 plus $1 shipping since I ordered it with two other cds.

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/M09090/fitzwilly-expanded/

For US residents MovieMusic.com is hard to beat with that 1 $ shipping. :)

still don't understand.

hmmm.. When i go to the music box page, it says 16 euros tax includ.

So, to you it shows 13,38? Or it shows 16, and it changes in the order page?

Er... How come km and nemesis pay less than the others?

Belgium's partly a French-speaking country as well, yet I still get 23,5 euros.

Probably will get this from SAE instead. Silly how it's less expensive from the US than from a frigging neighbouring country.

still don't understand.

hmmm.. When i go to the music box page, it says 16 euros tax includ.

So, to you it shows 13,38? Or it shows 16, and it changes in the order page?

The price changed on the order page.

It's my first order from them so I don't know if that's the usual process.

The shipping charges are a bit high for Europe I must admit.

That's all because of the taxation of trade routes. We should set up a blockade around a country no one cares about to solve the problem!

But my lord BloodBoal is that legal? Or even sane?

Ya'll should have waited for SAE!

I think I'll combine it with something else from SAE.

The only thing is that i thought it would be more secure to come from France to Greece than USA to Greece.

(plus, much faster)

Same for me. I was a bit worried I didn't receive a confirmation mail yesterday, but the order is listed on their homepage, so it seems to be ok. Since I don't know much of the score yet apart of the Main Title, I'm looking forward to discovering it in full :)

The film is crappy, but the score is really good. Love both the jazzy parts and the dramatic bits that sound like leftovers from INDIANA JONES (like "Gimbel's Robbery"). It also contains one of the rare instances where Williams copies himself -- the main song from this film, "Make Me Rainbows", basically being reworked as "In the Moonlight" from SABRINA.

It also contains one of the rare instances where Williams copies himself -- the main song from this film, "Make Me Rainbows", basically being reworked as "In the Moonlight" from SABRINA.

Also, if you listen carefully to the main melody in the "Overture" (the one played by trumpet) you can find the blueprint of the main theme from The Sugarland Express.

Same for me. I was a bit worried I didn't receive a confirmation mail yesterday, but the order is listed on their homepage, so it seems to be ok. Since I don't know much of the score yet apart of the Main Title, I'm looking forward to discovering it in full :)

I got an order confirmation email yesterday, but only today did I receive a "payment accepted" notification.

For some reason half of the mails they sent me went to the spam folder... the order confirmation was one of those.

oh, just checked too my spam folder.

All emails from them went there.

Yeap same here.

Listening to few extracts remembered me that when JW composed the Score of Sabrina, he reused and reworked a theme (Moonlight) that was first used in Fitzwilly.

Listening to few extracts remembered me that when JW composed the Score of Sabrina, he reused and reworked a theme (Moonlight) that was first used in Fitzwilly.

I just said that a couple of posts up. :)

No. Could be an unconscious thing.

By the way, seems like there's just 15 copies left, according to a post I saw on FSM. Hope all of you who wanted this managed to snatch a copy.

By the way, seems like there's just 15 copies left, according to a post I saw on FSM. Hope all of you who wanted this managed to snatch a copy.

I really can't imagine him doing it consciously...

I really can't imagine him doing it consciously...

Johann Sebastian Bach parodied himself very often.

Why a composer could not take any of his old good themes (and often forgotten ones) and improve them in new works?

Honestly, I don't think Williams would do it like this.

Though he did parodied himself in both 1941 and E.T., just to name two scores in top of my mind.

I agree. We often forget how many years separate some of these works because it is to us one big discography all available to us now. We can say these things as a hindsight but give very little thought to their creation and how much time has passed between these compositions and how the composer has changed on one hand and stayed the same on another. I doubt very much Williams was consciously trying to riff Make Me Rainbows in Sabrina's In the Moonlight at all. It is just the style of how he thinks and writes songs what you hear, certain preferences and turns of phrase that are common in both songs. But I doubt that he consciously dusted his Make Me Rainbows sheet music and began to revamp it for Sabrina.

I certainly don't deny the similarity between the pieces but I would not call it conscious repurposing.

@Miguel Andrade
@Incanus

By reading to you, we would believe that John William is an old moron. I think he's very conscious when he reuses one of his old melodies.