New from Intrada: Cocoon (Expanded) - James Horner Due: 11/4/2013

Trent B

Don't confuse him like that. Buying at moviemusic with PayPal requires the buyer to manually log into PayPal and send money to the email address, with the order number. It's not automatically part of the album ordering process, which is tantamount to reserving the albums without obligation. If you forget, it can be weeks before you remember to actually send the money, which only delays the mailing until you do. That happened to me this past summer. I placed the order in July, forgot to pay until late August, and dollar shipping got it to me in September. Totally forgot I had even placed the order. Lol.

They're still my favorite place to buy from because of the cheap shipping and I can wait.

LaLaland usually goes smoothly. So did MusicBox where I ordered Fitzwilly

Oh and there used to be a bright green button on the SAE checkout page that kind of did nothing but refresh the page and warned you to get registered mail. I'd usually click on that 3-4 times figuring it was to pay. But they seemed to have removed it

LOL

I'm sure there are plenty of hackers targeting both SAE and Movie Music.com. Why go after TJ Maxx or Amazon when you can target a really big customer like a soundtrack retailer?

What? Its inconceivable a waiter or shop attendant steals your credit card data?

Never heard of it happening. Even if your CC does get compromised, you just call them up and they revert the bad charge and issue you a new card. Who cares?

Btw, Jason. When you go to England, dont expect every store, pub or restaurant to accept CC.

I expect most wont.

Btw, Jason. When you go to England, dont expect every store, pub or restaurant to accept CC.

I expect most wont.

OK.

OK.

LOL

I'm sure there are plenty of hackers targeting both SAE and Movie Music.com.

it's not the point, Firefox blocked a page and called it unsafe during the process. Not exactly reassuring. Maybe SAE should update their checkout that looks like it was designed in 1998

"Unsafe" probably just means that their certificate has expired or is self signed. It's not like an officially signed certificate guarantees your data's safety any more than an unsigned one though.

Another great release. The sound on this one isn't as phenomenally superior to the OST as Red October was, but it does sound noticeably better. And the additional music is worthwhile—meaning it isn't just retreads of the same themes and ideas. There's some good stuff in there (particularly pieces like "Mysterious Dive" and "David Runs to the Boat").

Nice to have this one in full at last.

- Uni

• 7 years later...

Intrada's pressing plant woes continue

"Unfortunately we have discovered a sequencing issue with our recent batch of Cocoon. All of the music is there but in the wrong sequence. You may still place an order for Cocoon, but we will not be shipping any more copies until we correct the problem. Future orders for Cocoon will ship either with the correct CD already inserted, or with a separate replacement disc."

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8288/.f

Ah I see, from the track 11, the times of the actual tracks don't match those on the cover.

I'm not an expert of this score, so it's hard for me to replace this mess!

image.png

You just have to look at the length of each file and edit its filename and tag to match the one on the back cover with the same time

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

You just have to look at the length of each file and edit its filename and tag to match the one on the back cover with the same time

Ok I renamed my files.

This error is very funny!

image.png

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The original album for Cocoon was one of my very first CDs.

Such a lovely and tender score. The expanded version was a no-brained for me at the time. It’s one of the few scores that can get me teary eyed to this day. I would think of my grandparents often when I listened to this. 

I don’t even remember the pressing issue with this one.