La-La Land Black Friday 2013

Jay

I'll probably get it and Police Academy, truth be told. The Lethal Weapon set is tempting for the Clapton but it's too much unheard music to take the plunge so close to Christmas.

So, is 12 PM at noon or at midnight?

Come to think of it, can't you people just use 12.00 and 24.00?

It's 8 PM right here, Thomas! Which is exactly 4 hours from now.

Karol

I want The Ten Commandments.

I am the Lord your god, who brought out of Egypt.

You shall have no other gods, but me.

(more on the way)

I don't recommend reciting any more, I can put a Bible app on my phone if I need a refresher. I'm disappointed you didn't mention the original fifteen.

Does anyone know how much international shipping would cost from LLL? 2.50 USD for each extra disc seems a bit excessive - are they sticking with that?

Not really. The numbers get larger as you go around the clock face until you hit the largest, 12. But it is on the 12 that PM rolls to AM, and later AM to PM, instead of on the 1, when the numbers reset.

In other words, the numbers and AM/PM swap are one hour out of synch. Until you commit it to memory, it can be confusing for some, especially if language is the issue, or you aren't sure the other person understands the clock in discussion.

I mean, if I tell someone to meet me Saturday at midnight, do I mean late night Friday into Saturday, like the clock says is technically accurate, or late Saturday into Sunday? I don't know.

It's a very stupid system. I dislike it as much as I dislike the US measuring systems and the gregorian calendar.

Man, those Lethal Weapon samples sound fantastic. I just love Michael Kamen in his thriller mode. Some similarities to Die Hard series here and there, which is just bloody fantastic. I'm going to love this set. :)

Karol - who also got Superman Returns (for completeness' sake)

Superman Returns is ordered!

Regarding the clock system...that's why the Military, police, and medical personnel use the 24 hour clock system to not get the two confused. IE: When 1pm rolls around it's 13 hundred hours.

Does anyone know how much international shipping would cost from LLL? 2.50 USD for each extra disc seems a bit excessive - are they sticking with that?

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/ShippingInfo.html

Regarding the clock system...that's why the Military, police, and medical personnel use the 24 hour clock system to not get the two confused. IE: When 1pm rolls around it's 13 hundred hours.

The military, police, medical personnel, and the rest of the world. Or at least most of Europe I guess. I actually don't know what clocks are used in other parts of the world.

Speaking of time/calendars and all, I've been wondering...what is time exactly?

:P

No, I wanted to say I never understoood US system dating (often used on posters, for example). You know the month/day/year. Confusing. What's wrong with day/month/year?

Karol

A word from MV regarding signed copies for Superman Returns.

The following folks will receive autographed copies of SUPERMAN RETURNS

75622-76051 end time 12:09:22 seconds pm pst

Police Academy info to follow

MV

Technically, the "1900s" were only the years from 1900-1909.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have tons of files from January 1, 1900. Stupid glitch resets the modified date. Half my high school files got corrupted that way.

Here is the info for the autographed copies of Police Academy.

The following order #'s will receive an AUTOGRAPHED POLICE ACADEMY

65624 - 76416 1:28:13 seconds pm pst

A word from MV regarding signed copies for Superman Returns.

The following folks will receive autographed copies of SUPERMAN RETURNS

75622-76051 end time 12:09:22 seconds pm pst

Police Academy info to follow

MV

I got one then (it was 75625, I think).

Karol

I have tons of files from January 1, 1900. Stupid glitch resets the modified date. Half my high school files got corrupted that way.

ROTFLMAO That's fantastic!

The military, police, medical personnel, and the rest of the world. Or at least most of Europe I guess. I actually don't know what clocks are used in other parts of the world.

Here in the states 12pm is 12pm same with 12-11pm. Sorta confusing... at least on my phone even though the lock screen and upper right hand corner show standard time, the bigger clock with weather is set as military/24 hour time.

Yea, I didn't order the LW box. It's not that I don't want it, but I can't spend $120 on myself right now, especially on four scores I've never heard before.

I'm not that familiar with them either, but what I heard sounded great. It's Michael Kamen in his thriller mode. I bet Die Hard fan like yourself can't go far wrong here. Hey, there is even a snippet from those in this clip (right at the end) :)

Karol

I've watched the films so many times now that I THINK I'm relatively familiar with the scores. And I think what sets the LW scores apart from other Kamens (including Die Hard) is the inclusion of so many rock and jazz elements (which, I'd assume, are Clapton's contributions to the scores, aren't they?).

Right now I haven't seen the films in a while, but just listening to LLL's samples immediately brought back the feelings I got when watching them... and those aren't just the typical thrills of watching action movies but the connection and friendship between Riggs and Murtaugh. In other words the scores are very unique and specific to these movies and their characters.

Yea I grew up watching the Die Hard films, but for some reason not the Lethal Weapons... I know I've seen the first, and maybe parts of the 2nd or something.. and saw the fourth in the theater. But I don't remember them enough - I'd love to watch them all again sometime. I'm sure once I do I'll want to buy the box set of scores :P

Yea I grew up watching the Die Hard films, but for some reason not the Lethal Weapons... I know I've seen the first, and maybe parts of the 2nd or something.. and saw the fourth in the theater. But I don't remember them enough - I'd love to watch them all again sometime. I'm sure once I do I'll want to buy the box set of scores :P

The blu-ray set is usually cheap and well worth the expenditure.

Just arrived in The Netherlands:

supermanacademy01.jpg

So, Return to Krypton, does it use any Williams themes? or is it Ottman's original material?

I haven't listened to the cue yet, but the back cover says that the cue contains "Superman Themes by John Williams."

Karol,

I thought you had gotten autographed copies from LLL directly before... Jason is right they send a second booklet with the autograph on it. I generally take the non autographed one out and put the autographed one in to protect it.

I haven't gotten my copy of Superman Returns yet...although I haven't checked today's mail. I hope it's there today.