The Official James Horner Thread

From FSM:

We just got artwork approval on one Horner project and he signed off on a master for another one just last week. We are devastated by the news here.

MV

It's not The Rocketeer, that much we know. Would could those two be?

Karol

Could be. It can also be many other things. But he also says it's a major one. The only "major" scores I can think of are Willow, Sneakers, Brainstorm, Apollo 13. And, of course, The Rocketeer.

Karol

Well, I dunno! If the master was just approved, it'll be months still until we hear it. Maybe Black Friday

Do you know anything about what might be coming out next month? Sorry for being direct, just wondering I should avoid buying something that is not in my colleciton already.

Karol

I do not know what new expansion are in the works by any labels.

It actually would be cool of them all to let us know now, before people spend huge money on OOP titles while everyone is so Horner happy.

Well, I dunno! If the master was just approved, it'll be months still until we hear it. Maybe Black Friday

Horner didn't score Black Friday. Indian Ocean did.

. . . ;)

You can buy Sneakers on Amazon for a mere $3686.60!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9QOU8G?ref_=cm_sw_r_awd_zQFIvbXHFMTP9

I wonder how much mine would be worth then:

10115977503_f409808cc3_z.jpg

Not that I'd actually consider selling it, mind you.

I guess the recent bitter and reportedly violent breakdown of the Williams/Spielberg relationship has everyone on edge.

I'm behind the times on this one: what exactly are the rumors/what do we know? All I heard is that JW isn't scoring Spielberg's next film. But did they have a falling out?

I guess the recent bitter and reportedly violent breakdown of the Williams/Spielberg relationship has everyone on edge.

I'm behind the times on this one: what exactly are the rumors/what do we know? All I heard is that JW isn't scoring Spielberg's next film. But did they have a falling out?

Don't worry. He's just joking.

Yes, nothing's happened to their friendship (well, as far as we know... :P)

In seriousness, all we know is that Williams had a minor health issue earlier this year which conflicted with scoring Spielberg's film alongside some other activities which had to be cancelled. There's also speculation that his Star Wars duties may have interfered.

Don't worry. He's just joking.

Oh, good. :mrgreen:

James Horner revealed in an interview with HeyUGuys that he will be composing the music for Pandora: The Land of Avatar at Disney’a Animal Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The theme park attraction is designed by Walt Disney Imagineering in partnership with James Cameron and Lightstorm Entertainment and will feature the wonders of Pandora, giving parkgoers the chance to “fly with banshees and explore a rich natural environment with mountains that float and interactive plants that glow at night.”

So yeah, 13:13...I wonder what the nature of his involvement was at this stage. He was already speaking in the present tense even though the opening for this park is still two years off..."I'm intimately involved", "I've been all over it", "I'm doing the music for that." He seemed to know quite a lot about the project...I'm not holding my breath for anything major but is it possible he'd written anything at all for this yet? Would be nice if there were even some little incidental variations or demos/sketches they could use :)

I hope you don't mind me posting this here.

I would like to invite everyone here touched by his music to join me and others in celebrating and remembering this unique and gifted man, and the incredible music he left behind.

Please join us for this worldwide listening event on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1633598916884975/

#ThankYouJamesHorner

Does anyone happen to have a scan of the liner notes (or at least back album cover) for ONCE UPON A FOREST? Would really appreciate it.

Horner never wrote a note for Ender's Game

You sure?

Pretty sure, yea. Why do you ask?

I have watched and listened Hollywood in Vienna 2013, where Horner was invited to receive the Max Steiner award and it was very heartbreaking to see the man sitting there, smiling, tearing up, enjoying his own music performed live. It's a great concert, available on youtube, with great performances overall, yet I wouldn't have minded more great melodies and suites, because one hour didn't feel nearly enough.

To be clear the concert is 1 hour and a half, but first there's a 30 minute mini-concert of non Horner music, some of which is great too.

When he received the award and he had 'If We Hold On Together' sung to him, I was in tears. It suddenly hit me, that terrible tragedy... he had so much more still in him.