INDY-pendence Day, 2005, is now Official

JoeinAR

Since some of you don't want to believe it, or can't believe it, or won't believe it, well believe it.

Variety has now confirmed it. And there is no better source in the movie industry than Variety.

Frank Durabont will be writing the script, initially and Steven Spielberg will direct, and Lucas will produce, John Williams will score. Who could ask for anything more.

Go to Spielbergfilms.com to read more as the link to Variety is the subscribers kind only

Joe, who hopes this helps the disbelievers

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The link isn't working for me. I can get to the main page of the website, but then nothing else happens. :mrgreen:

However, you can read about it here.

Neil

Neil, it works for me still. There is a window within a window, telling the news. Perhaps yours in minimized and hidden behind the other page.

Yeh this rocks a$$!!! I cannot wait. I love Indy films and I totally love Darabont's work...

Episode III then Indy IV two months later??? Wow what a summer...

I agree, Shawshanks was great and Green Mile extremely good, I think Indy is good hands.

and then there was the Majestic. I actually liked it alot. It needed a good editor, but it wasn't bad by any means, and for once I could actually stand Jim Carrey. 'Course that did just about freeze hell over.

Jim Carry is good.

so is fecal matter if you are a dung beetle. :mrgreen:

perhaps your too young for humor. :wow:

Well this is awesome. :P

Justin -Who hopes this is true.

:mrgreen: Main Title Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Hans Zimmer) ....Well this is awesome.... :(

I'm still doubting this but we'll see. Variety HAS been wrong before people.

-Rogue Leader who is FURIOUS he must now wait 3 friggin more years for the next Indy.

I'm still doubting this but we'll see. Variety HAS been wrong before people.  

-Rogue Leader who is FURIOUS he must now wait 3 friggin more years for the next Indy.

William, its not just Variety, its Entertainment Weekly, CNN, Variety, Coming Attractions, Cinescape and virtually every type of film media out their.

Thats alot of crow to eat if they are all wrong.

William, its not just Variety, its Entertainment Weekly, CNN, Variety, Coming Attractions, Cinescape and virtually every type of film media out their.  

Thats alot of crow to eat if they are all wrong.

Actually there are only two real sources: VARIETY and COMING ATTRACTIONS. They seem pretty reliable, but I don't see it as an official confirmation either.

I really think Indy 4 is gonna rock!

And may be, we`ll even see JP4 in the year 2005, if they find a good director and screenwriter in time.

Anyhow, that will probably be Williams best year since 2002.

If so, I really hope Williams will score JP4 (even Spielberg himself might want to direct, but then we won`t see it until a few years after Indy 4)

Since it is my post, I must admit to everyone that my report is false.

There is no way in hell that Indiana Jones will be released on July 4th, 2005.

It simply wont happen.

July 4th is on a Monday, in 2005.

So expect Indiana 4 on July 1st, 2005.

Joe, who hopes people will be pleased that it is 3 days closer.

Spielberg said in the Cinescape article that the film would come out "probably June 29th or July 4th.? (June 29th would be nice since it's even earlier). I think the July 4th thing is just a "July 4th Holiday weekend" kind of generalization. Who knows though, Lucas opened AOTC on a Thursday of all days. Maybe they want to open it on the holiday on a Monday to show how big their box-office manhood is :music:

Unorthodox, but it'd be neat to see what kind of box-office a giant film from a legendary series could draw on such a wacky day. Could it get Joe 6-Pack away from his BBQ, beer and sparklers? The more logical bet of course would be the weekend of the holiday.

But really, who cares at this point? I'm sure the media will milk the proposed release date for the next three years too. Remember all the "Indy 4" magazine covers that have sold over the last decade? Big business all these rumors... :mrgreen:

June 29th, is a Wednesday, and a Wednesday release has been common place over the years. Joe 6pack will be their.