Quintus

The miscellaneous chit-chat and pictorial bazaar

On 2/14/2020 at 8:43 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

That's what people say when they cannot land more roles.

Hollywood has Margot Robbie now.

21 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Good for you. Then you can finally buy The Aviator on Blu-ray and watch it! :)

No thanks. It isnt a film I am interested in. Not a Fan of Howie.

The Airbus series of airliners are damn ugly especially that a380. It has none of the beauty of its competitor the lovely 747.

Mark Hamill was trending on Twitter Brazil today. I was afraid that it was because he had the coronavirus, but actually it's because a Brazilian fan asked him to tweet something about our local version of Big Brother, which has been a major topic of discussion around the country. 

This YouTuber got the cast of The Goonies together on Zoom last night and he got everyone, I mean everyone (who is still alive) whom you associate with the movie to show up. Pretty impressive, and joyful AF for anyone who grew up with this movie back in the 80s:

Begins proper at 3 mins mark.

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

This YouTuber

youtuber?  Dude, that's Josh Gad.  You've never seen any of his films or shows, your kids don't watch the Frozen movies? (he plays Olaf)

Ke could play a young Jackie Chan in a biopic

The guy who played Chunk is unrecognizable

Corey Feldman doesn't seem to age

Of course Josh Gad is great in the Frozen movies.  We first knew him from that one-season sitcom where Bill Pullman was the president, but I think he found fame on Broadway in the South Park guys' musical, The Book of Mormon.  I'm here to spread the news that he costarred with Lupita N'yongo in a little horror comedy from last year that we found pretty good - Little Monsters.  It's streaming on Hulu in the US.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

He's had a lot of work done!

We've recently seen Josh Gad in Avenue 5 and Modern Family

Great they got Spielberg for this thing.  During quarantine he should do more interviews about old movies. The story about him sending all the kids to Donner's house was great

On 4/28/2020 at 8:18 AM, Jay said:

He looks nothing like himself. 

Our government and telecommunications infrastructure providers dont give a toss. The internet is too much of a "disruptor" to traditional industrial models anyway, so throwing as many kinks in it as possible is actually advantageous to their bottom line, or so they insist.

Well, I fell off the wagon in these Coronian Trumpian timesian times. Things were going very well aside from my dating life, which was not quite as disastrous as 2020, but that isn't saying much. I even live next to Disneyland now, which remains shuttered and abandoned. What a terrible time to be alive.

shts.gif

On 2/18/2020 at 4:34 PM, JoeinAR said:

Did our taxes yesterday. Nice refund coming soon. Took less than an hour.

Same, here. Although I'm not self-employed, I received a letter the other day, saying that I'd paid too much tax, and that I'll be receiving a cheque for around $200, soon.

On 7/24/2020 at 12:22 AM, Naïve Old Fart said:

Same, here. Although I'm not self-employed, I received a letter the other day, saying that I'd paid too much tax, and that I'll be receiving a cheque for around $200, soon.

Since I got married we get a nice return. Had I known I would have gotten married sooner. Oh wait homosexuals couldn't  get married until June 26th 2015. 

Sky's lighting up like crazy tonight in the North of England, I've never seen anything like it before here. There's almost no sound to it aside from the high up distant rumbles of murmuring thunder, so faint and seeming as if coming from the edges of space rather than off over the far horizon, as thunder normally sounds. It's bizarre AF, how steady and constant it is, almost strobe like. Eerily quiet.

Anyone seeing it over Europe?

41 minutes ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

May the Foreskin be with you 

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time...