Quintus

The small talk Thread

3 hours ago, Ghostbusters II said:

Is there an F-5? What...would that be like.

There hasn't ever been an F-5 in Arkansas in my lifetime to my knowledge. There have been a few F-4''s. One had a funnel that was nearly a mile wide. It dropped a chunk of someones roof in our yard.

Anyone else hate these giant rectangles being built in NYC?

PZcgQIf.jpg

Even eyesores built in the 70s and 80s like the old World Trade Center somehow had more charm than these ugly tall skinny rectangles that look like giant Tetris pieces. The surrounding buildings are adorned with affectations of art deco and art nouveau, now you have these enormous skinny rectangles rising to the heights of the tallest points in the city. Ugly!

4 hours ago, Ghostbusters II said:

Anyone else hate these giant rectangles being built in NYC?

PZcgQIf.jpg

Even eyesores built in the 70s and 80s like the old World Trade Center somehow had more charm than these ugly tall skinny rectangles that look like giant Tetris pieces. The surrounding buildings are adorned with affectations of art deco and art nouveau, now you have these enormous skinny rectangles rising to the heights of the tallest points in the city. Ugly!

They are awesome supertall buildings. Amazing feats of engineering 

I tried some teaching and lessons when I was in my mid 20s but quickly realized it wasn't for me.  Well now about a decade later I'm finding that I'm better equipped to do that kind of thing - and not just in the form of rambling JWFan posts - which have been surprisingly influential on some minds I've learned.  Scoring jobs whether as composer or other part of the music team are pretty flat these days (why didn't I push more to the tv or games world instead of features) but looks like this is unexpectedly something that I can get into and feel strongly about after falling into it by chance.  Nicely balances Mrs. Pilgrim's progression which lately has been a very welcome move away from mentorship and oversight to more hands on involvement in her architecture firm's projects.  I still find Los Angeles insidiously oppressive but things are feeling as smooth as possible lately.

My cat bite my penis this morning, not a really great way to wake-up.

Cat bites can be very dangerous, because of the poison in their teeth.

Fortunately, it was just a very superficial bite.

Slice of life.