Attack of the Clones is Nominated!!!

Lurker

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love these awards. Especially when you note that there is a potential Oscar nominee in the pack (Christopher Walken).

Jeff -- who thinks Swept Away was tons worse than Crossroads

Jumped for joy at this news, didn't you Neil?

I actually couldn't care less. I just wanted to post that the film was noiminated for several awards. I never said what awards they were. :devil:

Neil

Ahhh, regardless.

Personally, I think it's pretty damn ridiculous. It may not be an excellent movie, but the WORST of 2002? Come on.

Stealing Harvard? Blue Crush? Swept Away? Pluto Nash? Ecks vs Sever? Please. Obvious bitterness involved or a lack of seeing other movies.

Yet it made 300 + million dollars....hmmm, dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is...

It was probably had the smallest success to anticipation ratio.

So true...I so anticipated full frontal nudity from Natalie Portman...and I didn't get it! I was so disappointed. :devil:

The Razzies obviously nominate movies that either deserve the criticism or can survive with it. There's no point in dumping on small-budget films made by inexperienced film-makers. It's far kinder and much more fun to ridicule films that at least had something going for it e.g. big budget, tons of advertising and hype, world-famous singers turned actresses, actresses turned singers turned actresses or being a prequel in the most famous film series of all time ... and yet still managed to stuff it up.

CYPHER

Yet it made 300 + million dollars....hmmm, dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is...  

so, Grease was a big hit in its day, but like mononucliosus, it refused to go away, and then there was the blockbuster called Armageddon, and another big hit Blair Witch Project. All were vomit. AOTC isn't that bad.

And neither was the afoar mentioned Blue Crush.

:spiny: For once I not only agree with Joe but strongly agree.

Although I found Armageddon a non-serious, fun and amusing flick. ROTFLMAO

Grease was a big hit in its day, but like mononucliosus, it refused to go away

But Joe, Grease is the time and the place and the motion and Grease is the way we are livin'!

Neil - Grease is the word, is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word

Grease was a big hit in its day, but like mononucliosus, it refused to go away

But Joe, Grease is the time and the place and the motion and Grease is the way we are livin'!

Neil - Grease is the word, is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word , is the word

from this quote of Neil's you can dissearn 1 thing, like the song from Styx,

Neil has... Too Much time on my hands, too much time on my hands, ...

As much as I dislike elements of AOTC. This is silly, worst film of the year? Give me a break. ;) One of the worst films? Well that's another story. ;)

Justin -Wondering where Home Alone 4 is!! :)

I'm just happy George Lucas and Natalie Portman received nominations. The fact that a 4 time (?) Academy Award nominee with an endless amount of resources can't write or direct decently is upsetting. And Natalie is beautiful but her acting is like something straight out of a junior high school production of Hamlet. But I agree that AOTC shouldn't be listed as one of the 5 worst films of the year. There were several others that were far worse.

Dole

It was probably had the smallest success to anticipation ratio.

So true...I so anticipated full frontal nudity from Natalie Portman...and I didn't get it! I was so disappointed. :mrgreen:

I heard people expected to see portman in a metal bikini (hum! déjà vu...)

Catherine - who isn't suprised to see AOTC nominated when confronted with such poor movies...

I gotta admit I am really hoping Natalie Portman wins "Worst Acrtess". She would really deserve it too! Her performance in AOTC (or complete lack thereof) completely baffled me in her complete lack of an ability to "emote".

The acting level was absolutely abysmal in Episode II!

Attack of the Monotones is more like it!!! :mrgreen:

Why didn't  the actors just say this dialogue is impossible to act.  :roll:

Do you really think that writer-director George "I"m mad with power" Lucas would listen? The man micro manages every detail of these films (does he really need to be there when Ewan McGregor is getting his head shaved?) that I don't think he's going to let anyone change his vision.

Neil

I'm sorry, but I won't let the actors off so easy. They have a responsibility to rise above the material. They didn't. I don't always blame the director either. Overall the mess that is AOTC is George's responsibility, but the actors must take blame too.

And I have decided that Natalie Portman isn't such a good actress afterall.

Do you really think that writer-director George "I"m mad with power" Lucas would listen? The man micro manages every detail of these films (does he really need to be there when Ewan McGregor is getting his head shaved?) that I don't think he's going to let anyone change his vision.

Neil

He took suggestions from Spielberg and Ron Howard.

Neil

He took suggestions from Spielberg and Ron Howard.

He took, takes and will take. Hence the musical edits of the score. (they maybe not all of them but i'm sure some are)

He took, takes and will take. Hence the musical edits of the score. (they maybe not all of them but i'm sure some are)

Are what? Spielberg and Howard's suggestions?

Justin

Natalie Portman's performance in AOTC is just correct. But in TPM, she was so good!

I think George Lucas is a good director, with one only mistake: he has spent too much time with the same films, the same characters, etc. This has avoided him expanding his horizons. I'm sure that after Episode VI he will direct excellent movies. Can't wait to see them.

I don't know why everyone waits these films to be masterpieces, when they only purpose is entertainment, pure entertainment. In fact, they are the most entertaining movies nowadays.

scissorhands

Are what? Spielberg and Howard's suggestions?

Justin

Spielberg and Howard suggestions make him change the movie in it's lasts production moments. I believe that's why TPM battle was so edited musically.

Spielberg and Howard suggestions make him change the movie in it's lasts production moments. I believe that's why TPM battle was so edited musically.

No. George Lucas' insecurity was responsible for the last minute re-edits. And the music edits were the result of his absolute (although unconcious) lack of respect for John Williams, Film Music and Music in general (which was reproven and reconfirmed forever in the 2nd episode of the saga).

Don't blame (not even indirectly) two filmmakers who DO love music and respect the artists they work with.

No. George Lucas' insecurity was responsible for the last minute re-edits. And the music edits were the result of his absolute (although unconcious) lack of respect for John Williams, Film Music and Music in general (which was reproven and reconfirmed forever in the 2nd episode of the saga).

Don't blame (not even indirectly) two filmmakers who DO love music and respect the artists they work with.

Take Lucas insecurity and Spielberg (the man who did The Lost World: Jurassic Park)/Howard suggestons and you have the edits on TPM.

Spielberg and Howard did see the reels of the movie and make suggestions, While Williams music was already composited, but i could be mistaken.

But anyways, i hope Lucas still fixxes the edit porblem with Hiring Williams again. And i hope he agrees under a non-editing contract :|

Spielberg (the man who did The Lost World: Jurassic Park)/Howard suggestons and you have the edits on TPM.

You mean the man that changed his own film to fit the score? (E.T.)

Justin

Ahhh, regardless.

Personally, I think it's pretty damn ridiculous. It may not be an excellent movie, but the WORST of 2002? Come on.  

Stealing Harvard? Blue Crush? Swept Away? Pluto Nash? Ecks vs Sever? Please. Obvious bitterness involved or a lack of seeing other movies.

Yes, the worse.

Klesko24

Spielberg (the man who did The Lost World: Jurassic Park)/Howard suggestons and you have the edits on TPM.

You mean the man that changed his own film to fit the score? (E.T.)

Justin

He didn't actually tell Lucus to edit the score though, that would be a wholely different thing.

Take Lucas insecurity and Spielberg (the man who did The Lost World: Jurassic Park)/Howard suggestons and you have the edits on TPM.

Spielberg and Howard didn't suggest Lucas to make such a horrendous use of the TPM music.

Spielberg and Howard did see the reels of the movie and make suggestions, While Williams music was already composited, but i could be mistaken.

You're not mistaken. Lucas is entirely responsible for his acts, though. Suggestions can be followed or ignored.

But anyways, i hope Lucas still fixxes the edit porblem with Hiring Williams again. And i hope he agrees under a non-editing contract ;)

I'm afraid that will never happen.

Because for many of them it is impossible to act ......... PERIOD!

Haydan Christiansen could not act Shakespeare!

I disagree. I saw Christensen in Life as a House and he was quite good. He received a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild nomination for Best Supporting Actor last year for that role. And while everyone on this board probably has two or three Golden Globe nominations for something, the SAG awards are decided by fellow actors and actresses. I'd think that it's considered a tremendous honor for your peers to recognize your talents, especially in a field where everyone is almost egotistical and self-absorbed enough to nominate themselves whether they were in a movie that year or not. I think Christensen and McGregor were just hampered by the dialogue. Portman on the other hand has never been good in anything I've ever seen her in. Just my two cents.

Dole

I disagree. I saw Christensen in Life as a House and he was quite good. He received a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild nomination for Best Supporting Actor last year for that role. And while everyone on this board probably has two or three Golden Globe nominations for something, the SAG awards are decided by fellow actors and actresses. I'd think that it's considered a tremendous honor for your peers to recognize your talents, especially in a field where everyone is almost egotistical and self-absorbed enough to nominate themselves whether they were in a movie that year or not. I think Christensen and McGregor were just hampered by the dialogue. Portman on the other hand has never been good in anything I've ever seen her in. Just my two cents.

Well spoken, Dole.

INdeed.

I have to agree with Ricard, by the way, in regards to Lucas being insecure. Anyone who goes back and makes changes on his movies a few times, even a few months after it was released, and refuses to let anyone see the original versions of the movies.....that's.......I dunno. If that isn't insecurity, what is it, exactly?

I'm sure we'll see further changes when the original trilogy comes out in 2005. It'll further my belief, that I've felt for a while, that Lucas is indeed an insecure film maker.