The Desolation of Smaug SPOILERS ALLOWED Discussion Thread

Jay

Oh the Kili and Tauriel relationship felt forced and awkward from the start and it was not helped by that dialogue.

Aren't you going to search me? I could have anything down my trousers...

But the dwarves in general acted more civilized in this film than AUJ. No naked fountain frolicks or awful table manners and general uncouthness.

But the dwarves in general acted more civilized in this film than AUJ. No naked fountain frolicks or awful table manners and general uncouthness.

Just wait for the EE! Plenty of naked fun for the Dwarves!

Even the mere thought makes you a bit nauseous.

Oh the Kili and Tauriel relationship felt forced and awkward from the start and it was not helped by that dialogue.

I can't recall if the LotR films had such blatant sexual innuendos...I mean which moron approved that line in the film?

You know, there was a time when I was confident that Phillipa Boyens and Fran Walsh could work magic and were the perfect pair to tame Jackson...but with the loads of cheesy lines coming out of this film, I've lost faith.

You have to assume a bunch of empty barrels fell as well since Bilbo and Bombur end up in empty ones

Oy! Dont bash Doctor Who!

Just for reference dude, "Oi" is actually how you would spell the popular English attention grabber/exclamation. "Oy" is the official Jewish lament.

I can't recall if the LotR films had such blatant sexual innuendos...I mean which moron approved that line in the film?

You know, there was a time when I was confident that Phillipa Boyens and Fran Walsh could work magic and were the perfect pair to tame Jackson...but with the loads of cheesy lines coming out of this film, I've lost faith.

I haven't lost faith in Boyens and Walsh. I've lost faith in Jackson taking the two serious. The more hand PJ got on these films, the sillier they became.

Can anyone else place the little woodwind motif at 2:50 in Smaug (Extended Version)? A deleted scene featuring the thrush?

After all, in the book the thrush flies to Laketown and warns Bard about the vulnerability in Smaug's armor.

Can anyone else place the little woodwind motif at 2:50 in Smaug (Extended Version)? A deleted scene featuring the thrush?

After all, in the book the thrush flies to Laketown and warns Bard about the vulnerability in Smaug's armor.

That's exactly what I thought before I saw the film but I don't think they'll be using the thrush since they have the black arrow weakness idea anyway.