Expanded Harry Potter albums in the works?

crocodile

Wasn't there a giant (not to mention expensive) box of "D.H:pt one"? Was that complete?

I'd be quite happy to pay (almost) what whoever is asking for the full and complete scores to all 8 movies. Whatever you say about it, the chance to have ALL the music from ALL the films is an opportunity too good to pass-up. Sell your gran, if you have to.

Yeah if they can locate the SS and POA trailer music, that would be amazing! Wow, exciting news all around. Hope it all follows through for at least the first three scores, although at this point SS I guess isn't one I'll be too excited for unless they find that trailer music. Will still get it, clearly.

The recording sessions for the first film have leaked, which is why there is talk of the trailer cue, cause that wasn't in the leak. But the children's suite was, and it's great!

And yes and official release would be very very very welcome, I'd pay $40 for it.

I guess newer JWfans may not know thw HPSS sessions leaked a few years ago.

So there's a 10 year thing on this. PoA will be 10 years old in 2014 so maybe it's a Williams Potter box set with the first 3 scores. I think that is even more plausible than releasing the 3 separately

Thanks, Mike; I'll take a look, sometime.

You really do live in Middletown. Is that where you dream?

Actually I recently moved and just haven't updated, but I do appreciate the reference ;)

Ah, thanks, Mike! It was a bit of an oblique reference. Not one for the casual fan, or even for today's Tom Sawyer...

The recording sessions for the first film have leaked, which is why there is talk of the trailer cue, cause that wasn't in the leak. But the children's suite was, and it's great!

And yes and official release would be very very very welcome, I'd pay $40 for it.

I have heard about these leaks, but I have never heard them. I guess the only other piece of unreleased music that I want is in "POA" when the giant doors of Hogwarts shut, but I have been told that it is on a DVD menu, somewhere.

Getting POA would be such a joy, especially with all the alternates (and with minimal album-producing from Williams). I'd also be happy to pay for legitimate complete versions of COS and especially SS.

I would think, due to the expensive reuse fees of scores recorded in the US that are less than 10 years old, they'd probably shoot for single releases starting with part 1 and slowly working their way through.

All Potter scores were recorded in London. Not sure that rule applies here.

I guess newer JWfans may not know thw HPSS sessions leaked a few years ago.

So there's a 10 year thing on this. PoA will be 10 years old in 2014 so maybe it's a Williams Potter box set with the first 3 scores. I think that is even more plausible than releasing the 3 separately

I'd love that. I'd easily pay top dollar for that.

The sessions to the first film are one of the most played titles according to my iTunes library. I would happily pay $40 dollars for an official release and the same for the other Williams Potter scores.

I'm glad for his comment about it taking 3 discs. I would love the trailer music - even if it has to come from music stems or a less than perfect source.

Exciting news for sure. I hope something comes of it!

All eight scores were recorded in England.

So, Williams flew to England to conduct 1 and 3, even though the LSO was not used? Do we know why the LSO performed 2, but not 1 and 3?

London-based freelance players were used in 1 and 3, yes. However, quite a substantial amount of them were also LSO players (if I'm correct, quite a few players who are contracted by established London orchestras do freelancing work as well).

Don't forget James Hannigan's scores for the games either!

Which I LOVED... Soule's I only LIKED... you know, as a friend.

John Williams possessed William Ross through witchcraft and conducted the score from his living room.

Karol

It's called Skype.

I would only really need the first 3. Doyle's score is okay, so I wouldn't mind owning it in an expanded form. The Hooper scores I don't desire at all, Desplat's I'll take in box set only situation.

Yes... the real musical landscape pretty much comes from the first three films. The rest is drivel... except for maybe Patrick Doyle's little waltz in Goblet of Fire. That's not bad. Maybe one of Hooper's themes... Desplat did a good job, considering all the distortion he had to deal with, but it just doesn't measure up, IMO.

I think every score (excluding the incredibly bland Hooper scores) has something to offer. Goblet of Fire has many great melodramatic moments, despite abandoning most of the previous themes. The Deathly Hallows Part 1 has a handful of cool, Williams-like action set pieces and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 also has the same set pieces with more respect to thematic continuity. Goblet of Fire and the two Deathly Hallows scores would be great as stand-alone scores but in the context of the franchise they are only pretty good.

I think every score (excluding the incredibly bland Hooper scores) has something to offer. Goblet of Fire has many great melodramatic moments, despite abandoning most of the previous themes. The Deathly Hallows Part 1 has a handful of cool, Williams-like action set pieces and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 also has the same set pieces with more respect to thematic continuity. Goblet of Fire and the two Deathly Hallows scores would be great as stand-alone scores but in the context of the franchise they are only pretty good.

I agree with this. Hooper had some nice themes in his films but the scores feel very thing when compared with the rest.

I enjoy Hooper's more than Doyle's or Desplat's. He may not be great with themes (in fact I can't hum a single theme from any of his scores) but his inciental ideas were certainly interesting to me.

That said, I have no use for any expansions beyond #3.