The Hunger Games Movie Series Thread

King Mark

I agree. It was a stronger film than the first. But like you said, I think my major gripes were the lack of connective tissue, not only between with the two parts, but between various different scenes. Everything just goes rushing through the plot, head first. From what I remember, the scene with Katniss and the Gamemaker was much more ominous and foreboding, and they could have fleshed that out. I also didn't like the way they handled the ending, but whatever.

- A minor question: around the beginning of the film, Katniss and Peeta go to a party with fireworks and all that shit. During the fireworks, you see President Snow drinking champagne, which suddenly turns red for some reason (as if it was blood). Did I miss something here? Was that meant to be something symbolic? Didn't understand that.

- Concerning the twist: so, if I get this correctly (which I'm not sure I did, since someone sitting next to me was talking during that scene), Peeta didn't know about the whole revolution thing, right (just like Katniss)? And do we know who were the tributes who were part of the revolution? I mean, apart from the obvious ones, such as Johanna, Finnick, Beetee and Wiress?

I read the book a long time ago, so I don't quite remember the drink thing in the book. I think it just goes to show the nature of society then.

And yes you're right, Peeta wasn't in on the plan as they didn't trust him not to give away any signs of it. Peeta was just commited to his own plan of keeping Katniss alive. The others you listed were involved in the plan.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the champain turns red because President's Snow's gums are bleeding..they tell you why in book 3

Horn of Plenty is annoying because it's the same recording playing all the time (mostly from the first film). You can argue it's used a source music but it didn't NEED to be source music if the scoring approach was different (if it was an "imperial march style" theme for Panem)

• 4 months later...

When PSH died he only had a few scenes left to shoot for Film 4. They can just give his unfilled lines to other characters. All his work on Film 3 was done.

• 1 month later...

I don't see how something they are releasing officially as a promotional video can be considered a spoiler

Are you referring to who is standing next to the president?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So will there not be any scenes set in "the games" in the final 2 films? It's all just about rebellion stuff in the real world?

I don't know what people see in these films.

I thought the first film was boring and confusing. The second one though, took a while to get going but then it got pretty good, and had a strong ending that made me want to see how the story ends. Whether or not it is worth taking 2 films to tell the ending, is to be determined...

I thought the first film was boring and confusing.

That's what I thought about both films. I only saw the second because this girl I was really into was a fan of the books. For me, it's just TWILIGHT 2.0 with added PG 13 violence.

I thought the first film was boring and confusing. The second one though, took a while to get going but then it got pretty good, and had a strong ending that made me want to see how the story ends. Whether or not it is worth taking 2 films to tell the ending, is to be determined...

There's enough material to fit two films, but whether it's all interesting enough is another question.

The climax is long enough to be able to stand on its own, but a lot of the beginning is just Katniss in hiding and being angsty.

Presumably they will change things from how they were in the book to give Jennifer Lawrence more to do.

• 1 month later...

Whether it's in the book or not, it's too perfect, too ideal. The first movie was about smaller things: coping with new, unfamiliar situations, adapting, surviving. This new one feels overblown and too bombastic.

Kaboom! More! More! More! KABOOM!

This time it's war!

More! I don't feel it! MORE!!

Of course, that might be just the trailer ... but still.

I think it's probably the trailer.They have to sell the film with the action parts

The book was very dark and psychological, even darker than the first two. But there was the action parts too

Whether it's in the book or not, it's too perfect, too ideal. The first movie was about smaller things: coping with new, unfamiliar situations, adapting, surviving. This new one feels overblown and too bombastic.

Kaboom! More! More! More! KABOOM!

This time it's war!

More! I don't feel it! MORE!!

You're still gonna see it ;)

I didn't watch the trailer.

Did they figure out how to work around Hoffman's death?

When he died he had already filmed all his scenes in Film 3 and had like a week to go in Film 4. I think they probably gave his remaining lines to other characters to work around it.

• 3 weeks later...