TWIN PEAKS

Romão

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

I agree with Quintus that it WAS quite draining with the new TWIN PEAKS series and all the discussions that ensued. But it's part of my cultural DNA, and the original show was so instrumental in many areas of my very cultural being (including my film music interest), that it's hard to ever get away.

I've been a lifelong fan too, even though I only started watching it last December.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

I’ve been pondering giving a third watch to The Return, or even watching everything again.

I've had The Final Dossier on my book stack all year, and when I finally get around to reading it, I plan to take the shrinkwrap off my The Return set and re-watch everything.

Season 2 was quite hit and miss after Leland's death but still perfectly watchable. But then that masterpiece of a final episode, goodness me! It hit completely out of nowhere, though Lynch directing again should have been a sign.

Onwards to Fire walk with me, Missing Pieces and The Return!

I realise that in the real world, moral standards have slipped in the last 25 years, but are there any in-universe explanations as to why nobody said "shit", "fuck" or "cunt" in the old Twin Peaks, then suddenly they do in FWWM, and everyone swears like a sailor in The Return?

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, mstrox said:

Getting the urge to rewatch The Return...

I've been saving it up too. So much else to watch now, but once I get a time pocket, I'll delve into that glorious world once again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you follow that account, you'll also see that what many of us assumed for 30 years to be a PERFECT pilot, was actually only almost-perfect, because standards and practices cut a "That's What She Said" joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow check out this extremely detailed 300 page Twin Peaks timeline

https://www.scribd.com/document/392725548/Twin-Peaks-Timeline

Covers the show, the movie, the missing pieces, the revival, and all the published books

I'm just waiting patiently untill a window opens up in my schedule when I can rewatch the original series, followed immediately by the new series. Looking forward to it tremendously!

12 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'm just waiting patiently untill a window opens up in my schedule when I can rewatch the original series, followed immediately by the new series. Looking forward to it tremendously!

Same here!  Everything in release order.  Might have to wait until I retire, in about twenty years!

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

You wouldn't watch the movie in between?

I would!  The original series, the movie, wait 25 years, the Missing Pieces, and then The Return!

3 hours ago, Jay said:

You wouldn't watch the movie in between?

I did just that a few months ago. Next time (in a few years perhaps) I'll watch the movie *before* the original seasons.