TWIN PEAKS

Romão

3 hours ago, Jay said:

You wouldn't watch the movie in between?

Damn. Yes, forgot about that for a moment. I'll probably watch it first.

If you're going chronologically, you have to watch Part 8 first, then the second half of part 18, then the movie, then the second half of part 17, then the missing pieces, then The Return (minus part 8, the second half of part 18, and the second half of part 17!)

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

If you're going chronologically, you have to watch Part 8 first, then the second half of part 18, then the movie, then the second half of part 17, then the missing pieces, then The Return (minus part 8, the second half of part 18, and the second half of part 17!)

And what, never watch the original series at all?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been rewatching the series when I lay down every night, but I can't advance much through season 2 because I fall asleep.

I'm still at the point where the James character is tolerable due to hilarity. One of the funniest parts of this show is when Donna walks in on him and the cousin embracing and he smashes the lamp and runs after her screaming "Why?!"

True.  And the surreal silliness of the scene certainly is the perfect lead-in to the BOB appearance seconds later, one of the more frightening images of the original series.

Here's a snippet - I own the book the story comes from, and it's a must-own for Twin Peaks fans

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/music/james-hurley-just-you/

• 4 weeks later...

Played by the accent guy from Youtube! The Return is a pitch perfect excercise in the anti-sequel.

• 1 month later...

Twin Peaks: From Z To A Boxset

Twin Peaks: From Z To A, a deluxe 21-disc collection of everything Twin Peaks plus over 20 hours of special feature content will be available by the end of 2019!

This worldwide Blu-ray only release includes every ‘Episode’ and ‘Part’ of all three seasons of Twin Peaks, the Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me feature film and its deleted scenes called The Missing Pieces. On top of over six hours of previously unreleased bonus content, it will also include the special features from Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery released in 2014 as well as Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series from 2017. The set is limited to 25,000 copies worldwide and will first hit U.S. and Canada on December 10, 2019, followed by an international roll-out on yet to be announced dates. Sign up below if you want to be notified as soon as you can pre-order Twin Peaks: From Z to A.

The unique packaging of this collector’s item promises to be something really special. This is straight from the press release:

TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A will be housed in packaging with an exterior adorned by a wraparound vista of haunting and majestic Douglas Fir trees. Once opened, a depiction of the infamous Red Room is revealed with its brown and crème chevron floor and brilliant red curtains. Sitting in front of the red curtain will be an exclusive die-cut acrylic figure of Laura Palmer kissing Special Agent Dale Cooper. This acrylic figure comes inside a plastic display holder held in place by magnets.

Fans will have the option of leaving the figure in place inside The Red Room environment or removing and displaying it elsewhere. The plastic holder can also serve as an easel to display individual images from The Red Room Gallery, a curated set of 5” x 5” printed cards depicting memorable moments in The Red Room. Each package will also contain an individually numbered collectible certificate.

Welcome to Twin Peaks will soon share a full breakdown of its special features, but here’s a roundup of the new content you can expect on Twin Peaks: From Z to A:

• Never-before-released behind-the-scenes footage, shot primarily by Jason S, of David Lynch shooting the 3rd season in approximately 20-30 minute pieces titled “Behind the Curtain,” edited and included for each of the 18 Parts.
  • A newly-shot interview of Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee who sit with David Lynch biographer, Kristine McKenna, to look back at their body of work on Twin Peaks.
  • Get “On the Couch” with Deputy Andy and Lucy Moran/Brennan as Harry Goaz and Kimmy Robertson share fond Twin Peaks memories in a newly-produced featurette.
  • A compilation of full-length, unedited versions of many of the Roadhouse performances as first seen in Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series.
  • A special 4K UHD disc with new ultra-high def transfers overseen by David Lynch of the 1990 Twin Peaks pilot, its international version, and the 2017 season’s most acclaimed episode, Part 8.

Several weeks prior, on October 15, 2019, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment will also release Twin Peaks: The Television Collection on Blu-ray and DVD, which includes all three seasons plus previously-released special features.

Twin Peaks From Z To A + Twin Peaks: The Television Collection

TWIN PEAKS: FROM Z TO A
Street Date: December 10, 2019
Catalog #: 59209549000

TWIN PEAKS: THE TELEVISION COLLECTION
Street Date: October 15, 2019
Catalog #: 59208145000 (Blu-ray); 59208084000 (DVD)

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-from-z-to-a-collection/

Already up on Amazon for $140

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WTKFMLP

I think I'm Peaksed out, as far as buying (until S4).  I bought the thing twice on DVD (the greatly improved transfers were a good reason to buy the Gold Box) and once on Blu.  I have everything on Blu in excellent quality, and don't have a need for 4K.

The "Behind the Curtain" segments are tempting, but not $140 tempting.

Yea I bought the gold box, and that's how we watched it all... then the blu rays came out, which I bought, but haven't opened yet, because we had just seen everything!

I suppose if I can trade it my used gold box and unopened BD set, I wouldn't have to spend much more to get this...

17 minutes ago, Dieter Stark said:

I watched the entire series in the early 2000s in tiny DivX videos downloaded from the web.

For an entire generation, people have experienced Twin Peaks the only way it’s been possible…on tiny DivX videos downloaded from the web…but if you’ve only seen it this way…you haven’t seen it at all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been following these rumors on social media.  I loved The Return but could take or leave more Twin Peaks.  I'm enthusiastic about Lynch putting something new on film, regardless of its label though.