TWIN PEAKS

Romão

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

You never shitpost before? 

Not sure what that means.

But there's this social media account(?) that combines the two as well. I wonder where it has its origin.

Everything with any modicum of popularity in any circle, no matter how mundane, is memed now.  It's how Internet culture engages with content.  Some goober decides to mash two of their popular interests together and they'll get some engagement.  Usually it works best when one is a comedy.  I think the first, or at least the first popular example that I saw was Arrested Westeros, which started mashing Game of Thrones and Arrested Development into memes somewhere early in GoT's run

15 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Lucy had a small role in Honey I Shrunk the Kids before she was in Twin Peaks 

Holy shit I can't believe I never made the connection before. 

Just the original series?

The original series + Fire Walk With Me?

The original series + Fire Walk With Me + the revival series?

Which iteration did you like the most and least?

I liked season 1-2 the best, then season 3, then FWWM the least.  Never watched Missing Pieces

Anything that could be considered “fan service” from the FWWM shoot (characters and tone from the series) was in the Missing Pieces.  It’s still very FWWM-y, but worth a watch especially if you value that stuff most.

FWWM is difficult, but succeeds as an intense retelling of the TP backstory from Laura's POV. And it's got this gem of a scene, which I'll never stop quoting while I live (sometimes even unintentionally):

DIX4pNrUEAAowMJ.jpg

As far as I remember, Missing Pieces helps (a bit) make sense of some of the more enigmatic stuff, and both together help (a bit) with S3.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Which iteration did you like the most and least?

I liked season 1-2 the best, then season 3, then FWWM the least.  Never watched Missing Pieces

Tough one.

#1: Season 1 and first half of Season 2. Obviously the most lovable and balanced and Twin Peaksy Twin Peaks. No downsides.

#2: Season 2 Finale, FWWM, and Season 3. Unrestrained Lynchian brilliance, least jokey and most artsy.

#3: Second half of Season 2. Almost hate to rank it dead last because it is still a delight to watch Shelly and Major Briggs and all our friends. But it’s disposable.

Fun fact: They invented the Heather Graham character because the actor playing Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) started dating the actor playing Donna Hayward (Lara Flynn Boyle) and no longer wanted to have romantic scenes with Audrey Horne (Sherilyn Fenn) because Flynn Boyle was jealous that she got more attention then her.  So they invented Annie Blackburn as a new love interest for him to save at the end of the season when it was originally intended to be Audrey (and they invented John Justice Wheeler as a new love interest for Audrey as a result too)

13 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

FWWM is difficult, but succeeds as an intense retelling of the TP backstory from Laura's POV.

DIX4pNrUEAAowMJ.jpg

Compared to The Return it's a doddle. I actually ended up liking FWWM after despising it, years ago. 

50 minutes ago, Jay said:

Fun fact: They invented the Heather Graham character because the actor playing Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) started dating the actor playing Donna Hayward (Lara Flynn Boyle) and no longer wanted to have romantic scenes with Audrey Horne (Sherilyn Fenn) because Flynn Boyle was jealous that she got more attention then her.  So they invented Annie Blackburn as a new love interest for him to save at the end of the season when it was originally intended to be Audrey (and they invented John Justice Wheeler as a new love interest for Audrey as a result too)

Yep - no more Cooper and Audrey!  Thanks Donna!

Annie as the sweet innocent and Cooper's sense of wonder about her was a nice touch, although Graham's acting left a little bit to be desired.

In the end, I'm glad that there didn't end up being love between Cooper and Audrey - number one, because it would have ruined that really nice moment in season one where Cooper declined romantic involvement because of her age and said what she really needed right now was a friend.  Additionally, a rescue of Audrey from the Black Lodge would have tasted a little too much like the rescue of Audrey from One Eyed Jack's.

Yea, but these last minute rewrites over something they spent time and consideration constructing beforehand is certainly one of the major reasons the second half of season 2 isn't as good as everything that came before it I think

The ages of the characters are different than the ages of the actors, and some people look younger than others, ya know?

2 hours ago, mstrox said:

Annie as the sweet innocent and Cooper's sense of wonder about her was a nice touch, although Graham's acting left a little bit to be desired.

I never had a problem with Graham's acting. I think she nails the "sweet & innocent", and that's pretty much all she had to do.