TWIN PEAKS

Romão

Well, and Donna’s storyline REALLY crashes and burns in Season 2. I loved Lara Flynn Boyle in the beginning, but I thought the recast for FWWM actually worked kind of perfectly, and I didn’t miss Donna in Season 3. It’s funny because in the show Donna and Audrey are clearly competing for leading lady status, only to have Heather Graham swoop in and literally take the crown.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The ages of the characters are different than the ages of the actors, and some people look younger than others, ya know?

I understand that. Just saying it doesn’t translate well to the screen. And now it makes sense considering how shoehorned it was into the story. 

I saw it when it aired, have never seen it again since

My 13 year old self thought it was amazing, but that's the age when most filmed media you're taking in is kind of amazing, ya know?

I have no idea how it'd hold up if my adult self watched it

I do remember discovering Dana Delaney through it :eek:

17 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Not totally unrelated, but...did anyone watch WILD PALMS? It was meant to be in the same vein as TWIN PEAKS, but ended-up being a bit TWIN PEAKS lite.

Yeah, sure, I remember that. Great music by Sakamoto too. I think it was the first time I encountered James Belushi.

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Season 3 had a score?

I ended up very disappointed in how little work Badalamenti was allowed to do.  Eighteen hours of film and his work amounted to basically six tracks - everything else of his on the score album was dropped in from the original series or Fire Walk With Me.  I think the series was great, but as a score fan, what a bummer.

5 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Not totally unrelated, but...did anyone watch WILD PALMS? It was meant to be in the same vein as TWIN PEAKS, but ended-up being a bit TWIN PEAKS lite.

I have the ost . Very good!

• 4 months later...
On 1/12/2021 at 5:40 AM, Koray Savas said:

I just recall ominous Lynch sound design. 

Pretty much all.there was in.the first few.eps.

I bailed before any of the good music on.the.ost was played- if it was played.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, in Minecraft almost everything from building materials, furniture, animals, people, clouds, zombies, food, torches, has the form of bricks or boxes. That's probably why.

• 1 month later...

These are now my new peak benchmarks for bluray menus. And i forgot just exactly how great the footage looks!

3 hours ago, Pellaeon said:

Knowing Lynch, he might just be doing a 10 minute featurette on the flower with an all star cast of his regular and most recent collaborators.

• 2 months later...
On 22/07/2021 at 5:10 PM, Holko said:

This was well overdue.

20210722_170803.jpg

So I got these because I felt the new set was overpriced for really only one big main BTS feature, I felt the 6 hours on the LE set would already be probably too much.

Well I was wrong. I could watch 100 more hours of Lynch tearing into production people and being incredibly nice to actors and craftspeople.

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Holko said:

Huh, never paid much attention to that. It all always felt so Novembery to me.

Not to mention nobody is wearing winter coats and there's never any snow on the ground despite it being basically the Seattle area in winter

Yeah, it was basically the autumn feel and look of the series that inspired me to write my TWIN PEAKS-inspired novel as a kid/teen. I had completely forgotten it was set in the winter.

Yeah, it’s always seemed very fall-ish in spite of the date.  

38681174-D2FB-4C88-96FA-1958C52DE735.jpeg

F6FA3B7E-195F-4DCF-B385-E05677627ABC.webp

The date doesn’t really matter to me, though!  An afterthought!

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

Well if it starts in the last week of February then most of it's set in the spring, guys.

For the most part, IIRC, each episode of Twin Peaks is a full day - with the exception of the small time jump after Leland’s death.  In that case, it may just crest into the beginning of Spring (again, if the date really matters at all, which it doesn’t to me).

Kinda glad “Twin Peaks Day” is in the winter because winter sucks, so it’s a random bright point.

The entire 2 seasons of the show take place from February 24th 1989 through March 26th 1989.

Of course, they didn't have the luxury of only filming in the winter, or staging every outdoor area to look like winter, so it simply looks like however it looked in real life on the day of shooting, without anyone worrying about it.

They really shouldn't have had Cooper drop an exact date, then the show could have been "timeless"