Star Wars is better than everything

Jay

Maybe it's the editing, but it's interesting how Lucas seems to be talking to himself when surrounded by a group of people - they don't interact with him very much. They speak went spoken to or laugh on cue.

Why didn't they go with the second boy? Based on that audition, he was clearly the best and almost made Anakin's dialogue work.

I've seen most of this on the Pinklett review, but never saw the little clip with Johnny on the set. Cool stuff, even if it lasts for just a couple of scenes and he has one line :lol:

I thought that was Frank Oz?

I've seen most of this on the Pinklett review, but never saw the little clip with Johnny on the set. Cool stuff, even if it lasts for just a couple of scenes and he has one line :lol:

I thought that was Frank Oz?

That is Frank Oz. A very uninterested Frank Oz. I don't recall seeing Williams or any recording sessions in the TPM documentary.

Yeah, it is.

And Michael, if you've never seen it before, the footage all comes from the behind-the-scenes doc on the Episode I DVD:

The whole thing is actually pretty well worth checking out. And Williams and the recording sessions are in it, starting at 58:32

Yeah, it is.

And Michael, if you've never seen it before, the footage all comes from the behind-the-scenes doc on the Episode I DVD:

The whole thing is actually pretty well worth checking out. And Williams and the recording sessions are in it, starting at 58:32

I stand corrected! And I agree that it's worth checking out. I rather enjoy it in a twisted way... certainly more than I enjoy the actual film.

I stand corrected! And I agree that it's worth checking out. I rather enjoy it in a twisted way... certainly more than I enjoy the actual film.

It's surprisingly objective for a DVD documentary, really. It's rare to just see all this B-roll cut together so simply like that, no talking head interviews or music or montages to try and play up how inspiring the production is or whatever. As much as I love the LOTR EE docs which are like the nexus of BTS documentaries, they're no doubt preaching to the choir, whereas this just is what it is...it's so straightforward and kinda takes on an entirely different tone depending how you feel about the film :lol:

It's surprisingly objective for a DVD documentary, really. It's rare to just see all this B-roll cut together so simply like that, no talking head interviews or music or montages to try and play up how inspiring the production is or whatever. As much as I love the LOTR EE docs which are like the nexus of BTS documentaries, they're no doubt preaching to the choir, whereas this just is what it is...it's so straightforward and kinda takes on an entirely different tone depending how you feel about the film :lol:

This is more in line with the fly-on-the-wall Costa Botes documentaries that premiered with the LOTR branching TE/EE DVDs.

What do you guys think of this Star Wars Ring Theory (in terms of story construction)?

http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/

The article is an interesting examination of how the themes and plot points overlap in a much more deliberate way than it feels when watching the films. Interesting if true.

SW-Table41.jpg

The interesting thing about Star Wars—and I didn’t ever really push this very far, because it’s not really that important—but there’s a lot going on there that most people haven’t come to grips with yet. But when they do, they will find it’s a much more intricately made clock than most people would imagine.

lol

k

What do you guys think of this Star Wars Ring Theory (in terms of story construction)?

http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/

The article is an interesting examination of how the themes and plot points overlap in a much more deliberate way than it feels when watching the films. Interesting if true.

Are people only learning about this now? I thought this had already been discussed years ago.

Centuries from now, when young children ask, "Grandfather, in what elegant mind did the intricate practice of utilizing parallels and symmetry in art and storytelling originate?" the answer will invariably come back, "Why, in the mind of George Lucas, granddaughter!"

I see... I can see it now... The intricately made clock! Yes! Yes! Lucas is the greatest clocksmith that ever lived!

Centuries from now, when young children ask, "Grandfather, in what elegant mind did the intricate practice of utilizing parallels and symmetry in art and storytelling originate?" the answer will invariably come back, "Why, in the mind of George Lucas, granddaughter!"

"Lucas' Star Wars Clock" analogy will succeed "Paley's Watchmaker" analogy after the world inevitably burns. Future archaeologists digging through the ruins of the old civilization will stumble upon the Prequel Trilogy and know it's not a natural occurrence.

"This is truly the work of a grand designer...."

The interesting thing about Star Warsand I didnt ever really push this very far, because its not really that importantbut theres a lot going on there that most people havent come to grips with yet. But when they do, they will find its a much more intricately made clock than most people would imagine.

lol

k

Did you ever read his letter to Lindelof and Cuse after LOST ended? He more or less admits he made up Star Wars as he went along lol

How loved, unconditionally, would this guy be if he 1) didn't say such grandiose and silly stuff and 2) didn't tinker to the annoyance of his fans? That'd be a fun world with a lot less griping. We could all just like Star Wars and thank Uncle George.

Well, he was in a pretty bad accident and was lucky to even survive. Some people claimed they didn't even recognize him when they first saw him in ESB.

Those "some people" probably forgot to wear their "coke bottles".