Star Wars is better than everything

Jay

When an artist record a Christmas album, that's the beginning of the end.

It's the same thing when producers do mash-ups between characters in a movie.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Please no, never.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And speaking of the prequel trilogy, maybe they could have been avoided altogether if Lucas had only read this style guide. One of WEG's clearly stated rules of writing Star Wars is, "Do not talk about the past."

Um.. yeah, i get the joke, but im sure this topic in the style guide was requested by Lucas, as that story was going to be told someday.

He's saying that Luke's sexuality will not be directly explored in the subsequent films, unlike the expanded universe that saw him wedded to Mara Jade and make some kids. This means, use your imagination to fill in the rest of Luke's characterization and back story. It's just not important enough to film.

And if you are gay and feel Luke Skywalker needs to be gay too to give your life more meaning and validation, that's great. Just use your imagination because he can be gay. You just won't see it realized on the big screen. 

If Luke is gay, doesn't that carry a worse marriage? 

If you develop an unrequited crush on a beautiful girl that turns out to be your twin sister, who falls in love with your best friend, and they have a son who grows up to kill all your students, you just might be gay. 

• 3 weeks later...

That's 100% confirmation then that he's spoken to them about an Obi Wan Film, because he laughed and said he doesn't think he's allowed to say. But when asked about episodes 8 and 9, he immediately said he hasn't spoken to anyone and shot any rumours down. So I think the world can basically prepare themselves for an Obi Wan film. Hell, I would take an Obi Wan film over episodes 8 and 9. I am basically married to Ewan in my imagination anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Mayhew tweets Star Wars script pages where Obi-Wan survived the fight with Vader and leave the Death Star alive in the Milennium Falcon with everyone else

Haha. Very funny.

giphy.gif

EDIT: Crap, my position on the SW fandom ladder has led me to completely mis-understand the point of that tweet. Oh well!