Star Wars is better than everything

Jay

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2016 at 5:40 PM, Bilbo Skywalker said:

The mother wearing the Chewie face mask needs to go away now. Its everywhere. 

It's almost infuriating seeing the praise and attention showered upon that lady for... posting a video of herself wearing a Chewbacca mask and laughing.  

I subscribe to the theory that it was an inside-job.  Having been artificially popularized by Disney to sell more of their shitty Chewbacca masks.

Well that particular piece of marchandise was a total peg-warmer before that video. Couldn't give it away apparently. 

Shes charging $20 for an autograph now apparently! 

6 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Shes charging $20 for an autograph now apparently! 

Despicable.  

I hope nobody bought one (and I doubt anybody did)

I doubt anybody is clamoring for the signature of a 15-minutes of fame youtube has-been.  

Question: In the Star Wars galaxy, by the Battle of Endor, people (meaning the general public in the fictional Star Wars galaxy) know that Luke and Leia are brother and sister, right? But who do they think the parents are? Do they know Vader is the father (perhaps because Luke is a Skywalker just like Anakin?) (Star Wars Bloodline novel spoilers below.)

Spoiler

Apparently people don't know until about 6 years before TFA that Leia's father is Vader. So I guess that's when they find out Vader is Luke's father too? So the public would have just thought it was a coincidence that Anakin and Luke were both named Skywalker?

(again, I'm not referring to people in the real world, I'm talking about the fictional people in Star Wars and what they would have known about Luke and Leia)

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Question: In the Star Wars galaxy, by the Battle of Endor, people (meaning the general public in the fictional Star Wars galaxy) know that Luke and Leia are brother and sister, right? But who do they think the parents are? Do they know Vader is the father (perhaps because Luke is a Skywalker just like Anakin?) (Star Wars Bloodline novel spoilers below.)

Hide contents

Apparently people don't know until about 6 years before TFA that Leia's father is Vader. So I guess that's when they find out Vader is Luke's father too? So the public would have just thought it was a coincidence that Anakin and Luke were both named Skywalker?

(again, I'm not referring to people in the real world, I'm talking about the fictional people in Star Wars and what they would have known about Luke and Leia)

I think by the end of ROTJ (so Battle of Endor) only Luke, Leia, Han (being told at the end) knew.

Yeah, I don't think official canon has elaborated on when or if the galaxy knew Luke and Leia were siblings, but since Luke and Leia only learned in the second half of ROTJ, I'd imagine it took quite some time for the information to disseminate - if it did at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was a LOT of John Williams in the most recent "LEGO Star Wars: Freemaker Adventures" again.

Most notable is a scene where Leia went "badass", accompanied by an amped up version of Leia's Theme.

Freemaker Adventures is an animated LEGO Star Wars series on Disney XD in the offseason between Rebels S2 and Rebels S3.  It's set between Empire and Jedi, with a cast of new main characters but a lot of crossover with movie characters.  It's fun.

34 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't have a clue what you're talking about here

See here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Star_Wars:_The_Freemaker_Adventures

I mentioned it in my above post last month as well.

It is a TV show with by now 6 20-minute episodes, with more coming.

It features original music, but does make use of Williams' themes, even some of the less popular ones.

So far, I've heard the Imperial March, Anakin's Theme, Leia's Theme, Luke's Theme, Here They Come! and some section from The Force Awakens that I don't specifically remember.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:24 AM, Pieter_Boelen said:

Disney is being surprisingly loyal to John Williams' Star Wars themes in several quite surprising ways.

Weird, in a way. But also pretty cool that not-yet-famous themes from TFA and fairly unknown themes from the prequels are being used like that.

Talking of this, Star Wars Celebration used "March of the Resistance" to introduce the Rogue One cast for their panel:

Works pretty well as a processional! :P It is funny how these little things somehow make the themes feel more "official" in a way. Like they're now at the point where they're just casually part of the franchise and can be thrown into various Star Wars things in order to make them feel like Star Wars.

By the way, don't watch the full video if you're spoiler-averse. One of the cast members accidentally lets slip a character's fate in the middle of the panel.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 trailer... heck, I don't wanna spoil it but a pre-Disney character is making a comeback (and is getting a new novel by the writer who originally wrote him)

• 4 weeks later...

If that's an accurate analog of how much is shown in the new Rogue One trailer, I'm glad I decided not to watch it.  Much like with TFA, I'm trying to not engage with the pre-release publicity much.

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Interesting, I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until September.

Either way, they're not on 'Murican Netflix yet.

Well, can't wait for when they are! 

15 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

If that's an accurate analog of how much is shown in the new Rogue One trailer, I'm glad I decided not to watch it.  Much like with TFA, I'm trying to not engage with the pre-release publicity much.

It's not; the Rogue One trailer doesn't give away anything, just sets up the basic plot

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Doug Adams said:

Shot this about a year ago, and I don't honestly remember much! I only really spoke about the the music, not the prequels themselves. I think I showed some *very* basic connections between themes at the piano ... nothing too heady since it's a more general audience thing, not a music documentary. They shot for a few hours, but I don't know what they'll use.

Haven't seen a frame of it yet, but I wish them all the best. Director and crew were nice guys. Very genuine about their enthusiasm, I thought.

Yeah, that's what I expected from it but it'll be a nice watch when it comes out all the same. The music of the prequels doesn't get much spotlight so anything at all will be nice!

I'm familiar with many of the contributors so I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing once it is out.