Star Wars is better than everything

Jay

Just now, Stefancos said:

It should be Jack! Jack Ehrenreich!

That actually sounds great.  Yeah!  Jack Ehrenreich is a good fuckin' name!  You should make a career of giving people stage names.

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Hit me with another name you think needs changing!

How about your screen name?

Not Disco Stu, but StuTheGuru?

I feel betrayed.  My screen name is perfect.  No one is ever confused about what it's referencing.

Will the Skywalker Saga Extend Past ‘Star Wars: Episode 9’?

Kathleen Kennedy:

I certainly foresee movies past nine. Whether or not we carry on the Skywalker saga… you know, George always intended nine movies, and whether we continue that or not is something we’re talking about right now. If the story warrants it, we’ll absolutely do it. If it actually inspires new ideas, then we’ll probably head in that direction. We just don’t know yet.

I would be shocked if there wasn't at least one more saga trilogy, but it is nice that at least for now Kennedy is very cognizant of the fact that George Lucas only ever wanted one more trilogy after ROTJ. 

Well, George changed his tune over the years several time on how many movies he actually "originally" envisioned....at some point nine, at some point even twelve, until finally deciding it was six he wanted all along, insisting it was Anakin Skywalker's story, and the story ended with him. 

This stuff that Lucas always saw Star Wars as nine films is rubbish.

27 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Well, George changed his tune over the years several time on how many movies he actually "originally" envisioned....at some point nine, at some point even twelve, until finally deciding it was six he wanted all along, insisting it was Anakin Skywalker's story, and the story ended with him. 

This stuff that Lucas always saw Star Wars as nine films is rubbish.

We had a whole long discussion about this a while ago. Basically, he certainly changed how many films he wanted over time, but he never wanted more than one trilogy after the Emperor's death. 

My bet is after the saga flicks are over and done with, the stand alone character movies like Han Solo, Ben Kenobi, [maybe] Darth Vader, etc. will lead to an ensemble Avengers-like film, and Disney/LFL will build on the Marvel model.

5 hours ago, Will said:

I would be shocked if there wasn't at least one more saga trilogy, but it is nice that at least for now Kennedy is very cognizant of the fact that George Lucas only ever wanted one more trilogy after ROTJ. 

That Kennedy acknowledges that is irrelevant. Disney wants to make money, so as long as the saga movies will keep on making money, they'll keep on making saga movies.

If they make a sequel sequel trilogy then I'd like for them to wait a decent amount of time before making them. Not stop making Star Wars films (please continue with standalones once a year) but just give it awhile before going back into the saga to make it more of an event. 

I would love to see them do an Old Republic trilogy with a film every two years and a standalonebin between and just do something a bit different in the universe for awhile.

7 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

As naive as it is to even entertain as a possible outcome, I hope we never will get a saga Star Wars film without Williams. 

7 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Thats 100% impossible 

Agreed. The Mouse doesn't give a single shit about JW.

All it cares about is money, money, money, money, money, money, and more money.

12 hours ago, Godzilla said:

My bet is after the saga flicks are over and done with, the stand alone character movies like Han Solo, Ben Kenobi, [maybe] Darth Vader, etc. will lead to an ensemble Avengers-like film, and Disney/LFL will build on the Marvel model.

Yeah, Making Star Wars did report this in 2013 (http://makingstarwars.net/2013/12/the-star-wars-spin-offs-could-culminate-in-an-avengers-style-seven-samurai-film/):

Remember those rumors that Zack Synder was making a Seven Samurai film set in the Star Wars galaxy with Jedi? When that rumor broke, I approached some friends and was told it probably was not happening. I was told it was just a meeting as far as they had heard, and the concept was real but the Jedi part was news to them. Finally, I was told such a film was probably on the table and was one of Lucas’ ideas he handed over to Kathleen Kennedy when she took over Lucasfilm. That was it. The rumor died and went cold.

The point is, I might have got a little morsel of information in all of that. We learned Lucas has turned over ten or eleven outlined ideas for films that Kennedy will see turned into Star Wars films. It appears the Seven Samurai in Space concept is one of those films. Who knows if they will use Lucas’ concepts or not.

This was the site's infancy I believe so their sources may not have been as strong as they are now, but in any case this does seem like a logical thing to do once we get into the late 2020s, or 2030s. 

It would stink if it had to be non-canonical (hard to say if they could make the convergence of a bunch of previous major characters plausible), but I'm sure it would actually be really awesome. I used to cringe at the idea, but I don't anymore. Particularly if it was actually one of Lucas' ideas anyway. 

I just finished watching TFA again (first time since Carrie Fisher's passing).  

The more I watch it, the more I love it.

This is really the sequel any fan would expect. A very great movie.

And the music... 

I'm ready for Episode 8!

My point is I think you are much younger than me.  

I was raised playing with original Star Wars toys.

So TFA was made for me and I loved it!

I hope Episode VIII will be made for me too.

Some people just think everything was better when they were kids and want everything to be the same as that. 

See the fact that there's been an "80s revival" since January 1st 1990 and the career of JJ Abrams. 

8 hours ago, Bespin said:

My point is I think you are much younger than me.  

I was raised playing with original Star Wars toys.

So TFA was made for me and I loved it!

I hope Episode VIII will be made for me too.

In 1977, I was already too old to play with the original Star Wars toys. TFA was not made for me. I want my movies to be ahead of me, not light years behind. :rimshot:

The purpose behind TFA wasn't to further the Star Wars timeline beyond ROTJ. It was meant from the start to be a total nostalgia trip and reintroduce people to what made Star Wars so great in the first place.

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

Rey, I can understand, but are Poe and Finn really "magnetic characters"?

Uhhh, are you kidding?  They certainly were to me, and their intense fanbase speaks volumes.

A lot of it has to do with Oscar Isaac for sure, but hey, that's good casting!  I especially like Finn because he has such great chemistry with both Rey and Poe, separately.  Eventually it'd be nice for Rey and Poe to meet, actually.

One of The Force Awakens' strengths was certainly its characters and the possible dynamics it sets up. I walked out of the cinema eagerly anticipating how their story would continue. I haven't felt that way about characters in a film franchise in a long time.