Star Wars is better than everything

Jay

Fan theory argues that the music of Star Wars is actually the Force

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-04-20/fan-theory-argues-that-the-music-of-star-wars-is-actually-the-force

4 minutes ago, loert said:

I'll say this in the nicest possible way...I actually got a migraine from reading that "theory".

An actual migraine? Perhaps a headache but a migraine. Call me skeptical.

2 minutes ago, Joey said:

It was a headache after the first quote box, but by the end of the article it had turned into a migraine.

It's a cute way to look at the music. Omnipresent, covers a broad emotional spectrum, comments on the narrative, empathizes with specific characters....yeah, why not? Johnny Baby = The Force.

The only thing that annoys me about fan theories is that they've become so mainstream that major outlets report on them. Now I see these dumb Tumblr posts by 14-year-olds qualifying as top entertainment stories, but I guess I prefer it to a few years ago when Kardashian headlines were showing up in my newsfeed every week....

1 hour ago, Joey said:

Humor.  It is a difficult concept.

It may be already posted, but the latest zany theory about SW is that Rey is maybe the child of the Force itself, like Anakin was.

Ridiculous.

Anakin was a result of the Force yes, but in reaction to the experiments of Plagueis.

The Choosen One existed to thwart the extreme powers reached by the Dark Side, represented by Plagueis and his apprentice, Sidious. Sidious reached such powers, that he took all the sheet of the Force on his side of the bed, leaving the Jedi totally blind... even Master Yoda.

Now, if Rey is the child of the Force too... it implies that such a threath has returned.

I don't think Snoke represents this threat... nor Kylo Ren.

Unless... Snoke is in fact... Plagueis...

Will they play there? If Yes, they must be prepared.

I am.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

It was, in the thread for Episode 8.

That's always a problem about these kind of forums... finding the most relevant thread to post... avoiding to be in the middle of a running gag!

Is it related to Episode VII? Check that thread!

Is it related to Episode VIII? Check that thread!

Is it a looser concept that applies to Star Wars in a broader general sense? Check the General Star Wars Thread!

It is fanfic.

Bloodline proves it to be nonsense.

Real Star Wars leaks don't come from Reddit. 

Also, Rian Johnson has had some input into Bloodline!

George Lucas reveals the entire Star Wars film series is told by R2-D2
Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/25/george-lucas-reveals-the-entire-star-wars-film-series-is-told-by-r2-d2-5839586/#ixzz472mBuKLl

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."

I must admit I once proposed this hypothesis. The real news here is that it occurs a "hundred years" after the event of ROTJ.

http://newsthump.com/2016/04/09/none-harmed-after-imperial-stormtrooper-goes-on-two-hour-mass-shooting-rampage/

Reports are coming in of a mass shooting incident featuring an Imperial Stormtrooper in which nobody has been harmed.

Reports from a military base on Coruscant suggest the stormtrooper began his rampage by opening fire into the crowded commissary building, missing everyone, before moving on to firing wildly at a massed formation of troopers, once again causing no injuries.

Fellow troopers are understood to have returned fire on the shooter, with little effect.

Upon hearing the news, loved ones of fellow troopers rushed to the scene of the shooting as it was definitely the safest place to be.

The shooter, who has not yet been named, is understood to have fired hundreds of rounds into a busy public area, leaving bystanders unscathed.

The assailant was eventually brought down when law-enforcement officials tricked him into walking through a door and knocking himself out on the lintel.

The only casualty is said to be a man wearing a red shirt. Witnesses said he ‘never stood a chance’ despite being miles away and nothing to do with the incident.

7 hours ago, Jay said:

I think its total fan fiction and not the actual direction the film will go

I still think she's Han Solo's kid.   He doesn't recognize her because he shacked up with a one time fling. We already have precedents for this since he didn't recognize Shia LaBeouf as his son because of a one off fling either.

Someone unearthed this Mark Hamill clip from 1983 where he says George asked him if he'd want to play an Ob-Wan type in the 2010s

1 hour ago, Nick Tatopoulos's Beret said:

Thank God, Jesus, and all the Saints in and out of New Orleans it wasn't George who made it.

Fixed. 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Someone unearthed this Mark Hamill clip from 1983 where he says George asked him if he'd want to play an Ob-Wan type in the 2010s

That clip seems to get "unearthed" every few weeks for the last 10 years!

I think the original video is funny, she wins you over with the sheer force of her joy.

The promotional tour is a little draining (from what I've seen links to, she was on Good Morning America, Ellen, the late show with James Corden, maybe Jimmy Kimmel...plus they interviewed her on StarWars.com's new weekly talk show).

5 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

"Christmas 1983"?

Huh. I did not know that.

Yea I wondered about that too. Was it rushed into theaters for May? Or is this a foreign country's trailer that got it later?

1 hour ago, WojinPA said:

Yes, but videos require manually pressing start to play with sound, making them immensely easy to avoid. 

It's not the video that's the problem. I still haven't actually watched it. It's the fact that it's all over my Facebook and Twitter and all the ancillary shit that has followed on from it getting posted.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Yea I wondered about that too. Was it rushed into theaters for May? Or is this a foreign country's trailer that got it later?

It was always slated for a May US release.

The UK got the films later so this could be the UK trailer.

http://theplaylist.net/watch-first-teaser-trailer-return-jedi-original-revenge-title-christmas-release-date-20160525/

most likely it was originally intended to be out for Christmas 1983 in the UK but got an earlier release date in the end.

I know the original film didn't come out in the UK until December 1977