Star Wars is better than everything

Jay

I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but this happens to be the number-one review for The Phantom Menace on iTunes:

tpm review.PNG

Bizarre, is it not?

99% of America isn't aware that Star Wars Celebration is this weekend, and since there haven't been trailers yet, 60% isn't aware that Episode VIII is coming in December.  Don't double check those numbers, but don't doubt them.  This will be an announcement that a trailer is coming, and maybe - MAYBE - a quick clip of said trailer.  There won't be much for people who already follow movie or Star Wars news.

On 4/1/2017 at 3:42 PM, JohnSolo said:

Really? On my device, TNG has a rating of 2.5 stars, while TOS has a rating of 2 stars.

Name a TV series better than ST:DS9.  Go ahead.

If you can, I'll give you my signed copy of the Superman: The Movie Soundtrack.

1 hour ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

It'll  be a force for change thingy 

Yeah, that's been suggested. 

Hard to know how reliable this site is, but for what it's worth:

Seems pretty likely, regardless of whether Star Wars Junk is basing this off actual reporting or just speculation. 

11 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Name a TV series better than ST:DS9.  Go ahead.

I actually continued watching that yesterday. "Babel" was fun! :D

Not sure whether the series will end up being one of my personal favourites, but it's none too shabby so far.

7 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

I actually continued watching that yesterday. "Babel" was fun! :D

Babel really isn't all that good. I didn't understand how they would suddenly start talking under bottle in matress remote. Drill-bit to fair wall weather soloing!

1 minute ago, JohnSolo said:

It's a shame that people can get the SW prequel trilogy on Blu ray, while you can't even get a decent copy of the unaltered OT movies, except on DVD.

*cough* Harmy editions *cough*

They keep teasing some "big surprises" at the 40th anniversary panel at Star Wars Celebration.  Since I'm assuming the TLJ trailer will be saved for the TLJ panel, and any Han Solo or new anthology announcements will be saved for the Future Films panel, I'm going with the assumption that we'll see an announcement of 1) unaltered edition Blu-rays, 2) 3D Blu-rays of the OT/PT, or 3) 4K ultra HD releases of the original 6.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

An 8K Mega-Ultra High Definition release of the Star Wars Holiday Special in Turbo-Atmos 116 channel surround sound!

Then the entire attendance of rabid Star Wars fans storm the stage and brutally slaughter whoever announced that dreadful bit of news with their plastic lightsabers.

8 minutes ago, crumbs said:

3D conversions of all 6 films on Bluray!

That's probably the most likely.  The conversions were all in various stages pre-Disney, and the prequels I think are confirmed all done (TPM theatrical, and AOTC/ROTS have shown at conventions).  Rumors keep getting big about the original OT, but recently Pablo Hidalgo pooh-poohed it, saying Lucas hasn't signed off on the idea (this, of course, may have been cover for keeping the secret pre-announcement).

54 minutes ago, mstrox said:

They keep teasing some "big surprises" at the 40th anniversary panel at Star Wars Celebration.  Since I'm assuming the TLJ trailer will be saved for the TLJ panel, and any Han Solo or new anthology announcements will be saved for the Future Films panel, I'm going with the assumption that we'll see an announcement of 1) unaltered edition Blu-rays, 2) 3D Blu-rays of the OT/PT, or 3) 4K ultra HD releases of the original 6.

4) Complete score releases!