Star Wars is better than everything

Jay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As if the burning of the house mouse isn't going down fast enough, they're fuelling the flames even more:

May I present a new reboot STAR WARS parallel universe in the offering with characters such as Dorothy Vader,

Leigh Skywalker, Helen Solo, Amanda Skywalker, Brie Kenobi, the two droids will be played by male humans that get battered around! 

Gawd help us all!:o

23 hours ago, theMaestraX said:

As if the burning of the house mouse isn't going down fast enough, they're fuelling the flames even more:

May I present a new reboot STAR WARS parallel universe in the offering with characters such as Dorothy Vader,

Leigh Skywalker, Helen Solo, Amanda Skywalker, Brie Kenobi, the two droids will be played by male humans that get battered around! 

Gawd help us all!:o

You forgot Liam Organa. 

17 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

and with George Lucas involved again.

So he still hasn’t gotten around to make those experimental films he’s been promising for the last fifty years?

Why am I not surprised...

• 3 weeks later...

Watched TPM, the newest master I think. Worst I can say about the movie itself is that I was bored a lot.

I love the CG Yoda actually. They don't overmove him ludicrously like in 2 and 3, it pretty much only does what the ESB puppet could do facially, but it actually looks like him unlike the '99 abomination.

I noticed a lot of shots that felt like they were more sepia/brownish tinted than they should be. Those non-theatrical added bits like the podrace introduction and second lap... holy bejeezus, did they only render them in DVD quality and upscale them lazily? They felt really out of place.

8 hours ago, Demodex said:

It's kind of a toss up. I don't plan on watching either one again for a long time. 

Same place I’m at. I suppose I’ll maybe one day want to re-evaluate The Rise of Skywalker, but otherwise I have no plans to revisit that movie.

I will continue to watch the original six films until the end of forever. Along with Solo and Rogue One.

I haven’t seen TFA since the opening night of TLJ. I haven’t seen TLJ since it left theatres and I only saw TROS twice. I have no plans to rewatch them .

15 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I haven’t seen TFA since the opening night of TLJ. I haven’t seen TLJ since it left theatres and I only saw TROS twice. I have no plans to rewatch them .

Yeah, they’re completely extraneous to the story.

2 hours ago, Chen G. said:

Yeah, they’re completely extraneous to the story.

Every minute of those films feels that way too. 

The only one with any rewatch value for me (and this shocks me because I wasn’t crazy about it after the hype died down) is TFA. It’s an enjoyable enough film when you forget about the disaster the following two were. There was potential there to follow it up. 

I also like The Last Jedi, but I do still think The Force Awakens is the most enjoyable. All three are extraneous and shouldn't have been made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...