Williams filmography in Bluray - a list

filmmusic

ah I understand. 

Well I’m not an expert, but I belong to some 3D Enthusiasts Groups, and the general consensus is that 3D projector technology blows most 3D TVs out of the water.  I can say that in my experience I agree. I’ve not owned a 3D TV, but I do have a 3D projector and it’s incredible. Leaps and bounds better than the TVs I’ve seen, and sometimes even a better experience than theatrical 3D presentations.   Bottom line, if you want to be serious about 3D, get a projector.  It’s likely the reason that projectors are still being manufactured to support the format. 

3D TVs are still good, and it’s my understanding the manufacturers could easily still incorporate the compatibility for little to no added cost, but they are pushing the 4K format, which in my opinion is very sad.  4K looks somewhat better (sometimes) whereas 3D is transformative in my opinion.  But 3D isn’t for everyone.  People don’t like glasses when they want to check their phones. 

16 hours ago, rough cut said:

So a 3D TV is a no go? Is it a size issue?

For my case, I get one regular Strong 4K tv screen (This brand is a cheap one, better if you need to change it! Bought strough Amazon) since 3 years and one Benq 3D projector 1080P (this brand give you a very good quality for low budget). I have the 3D projector (bought trough Amazon) for almost 15 years and is still working well. I get a 3 meters base image. I can use Blurays, 3D Bluray, DVD or mp4/Mkv files without any complains.

On 25/03/2023 at 7:43 PM, rough cut said:

So a 3D TV is a no go? Is it a size issue?

I had a 3D TV, now I have a 3D projector and a 4k TV.
I don't think 3D TV are still manufactured.
I have good memories of that TV, was a nice Sony one, but you had to remain quite still in front of the TV with the 3D glasses on or you would mess up the whole view, which is not happening with the projector.
To be honest, I have no idea how the 3D technology has evolved nowadays.

On 25/03/2023 at 11:21 PM, Andy said:

Leaps and bounds better than the TVs I’ve seen, and sometimes even a better experience than theatrical 3D presentations. 

3D TVs are still good, and it’s my understanding the manufacturers could easily still incorporate the compatibility for little to no added cost.

It's always puzzled me that 3D was dropped from TVs when it should simply be a software or minor hardware addition to include it. Glasses can always be sold separately to keep costs down for consumers that aren't interested in home 3D.

I must say that my experience of 3D on my tiny 51" Samsung plasma is generally better than what I've seen in theatres, although obviously the screen size is a limiting factor. I hope to acquire a decent 3D projector in the future when funds and living space allow it.

Definitely do it if you can.  

It's tricky because there's a lot of people who just can't do 3D.  My wife get nauseous with 3D.  Or people with eye conditions.  I hear about glasses free 3D, but I don't know anything about it really.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

In case anyone wants to complete his blu-ray filmography of John Williams, Penelope and Not but the Brave are part of a sale at Movie Zyng, where you can buy 4 Warner Archive blu-rays for $49.

https://www.moviezyng.com/sale-items?microstoreid=158

(I want 40-50 titles from that sale, and don't know what to pick first! :lol: But those 2 movies, are not part of what I want)